Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went out riding with a group of old Buell riding buddied today and we found a nice stretch of road and got into it and I passed all of the quickly until I hit 137 MPH and the rev limiter slowed me down and I got passed. It was fun dusting them up to 137 though. I was also able to stay right with them in the corners too so it was a fun day.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
661 Posts
I hit 130mph on a nice stretch,(did this when no cagers around and wanted to see how much power the revo has) and my goggles flew away and that's when I slowed down. LOL, now I can say I know what 130mph feels like.(but wont do it again, unless i really really have to):angeldev:
 

·
Not in EP anymore
Joined
·
1,693 Posts
It is a good feeling. I don't see the need to go there all the time but it's good knowing that I can.
 

·
NOT A REAL HD RIDER
Joined
·
779 Posts
Yep....135 was max for me...
 

·
1130cc Ninja
Joined
·
3,972 Posts
180 mph on a sportbike anyday for me... 100+ on an HD product?? no thanks! That shit is way too windy for me..LOL
 

·
NOT A REAL HD RIDER
Joined
·
779 Posts
without a full face helmet My lips would be doing the astronaut shuffle at that speed....
 

·
Not in EP anymore
Joined
·
1,693 Posts
dharlow said:
without a full face helmet My lips would be doing the astronaut shuffle at that speed....
:worthless

I mean what does the "astronaut shuffle" really look like.
 

·
durata membro
Joined
·
17,603 Posts
screemingscott said:
I went out riding with a group of old Buell riding buddied today and we found a nice stretch of road and got into it and I passed all of the quickly until I hit 137 MPH and the rev limiter slowed me down and I got passed. It was fun dusting them up to 137 though. I was also able to stay right with them in the corners too so it was a fun day.
This is nice.I get along side of some of the guys that work at the Honda,Kowy,Zook shop on the way to work sometimes and when the traffic is clear we wind um up.Of course I just don't have enough to do anything w these guys past 130 even though I can bury the speedos on both V-Rods.

What get's me is some of you guys on your V-Rods claim you hit the rev limiter in high gear.I have held my 03 WOT for a mile or more and never hit the rev limiter in 5th gear,with the 180,200 and 240 tire,more than 50 times each.I've held it WOT to 143 on a dyno and never hit the limiter.I put 150 on the 07 1250 speedo and it has never hit the limiter either.
On the 03 the tack is just tickling 9 grand and the 07 reads just over.

How are you guys hitting the limiter in high gear and what does it feel like when inertia takes over?



Elrod on the V-Rod
 

·
Dilligaf
Joined
·
5,393 Posts
I've had mine to 145 without hitting the limiter but will hit the limiter at 135 in fourth gear. It was an uneasy feeling hitting the limiter at that speed.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
131 Posts
my wife and I were messing around last night and we took off from a stop sign in the country.She was all over it then dropped back suddenly,at the next sign I asked if she got scared...she said no,she hit the limiter!!(I'm so proud)No,she wasn't in 5th...just 3rd...but it WAS her first time!)
 

·
Wore Out Woodworker
Joined
·
1,620 Posts
2rangerted said:
my wife and I were messing around last night and we took off from a stop sign in the country.She was all over it then dropped back suddenly,at the next sign I asked if she got scared...she said no,she hit the limiter!!(I'm so proud)No,she wasn't in 5th...just 3rd...but it WAS her first time!)
We all remember our first time. LOL
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,501 Posts
What get's me is some of you guys on your V-Rods claim you hit the rev limiter in high gear.I have held my 03 WOT for a mile or more and never hit the rev limiter in 5th gear said:
Howdy Partner,

I have had the same experience as you until this year going east on I-495 to Amesbury I was taking one of my 1st rides with the iPOD and had two challenges in less than 20 miles. I hit the rev limit three times. I thought something was broken. The next week I was going east on I-490 messing with a sport bike and held it WOT for much longer and never hit the limit. Must be down hill with a trail wind to hit it.
 

·
1130cc Ninja
Joined
·
3,972 Posts

·
NOT A REAL HD RIDER
Joined
·
779 Posts
sorry fixed the link
 

·
durata membro
Joined
·
17,603 Posts
Panman said:
Howdy Partner,

I have had the same experience as you until this year going east on I-495 to Amesbury I was taking one of my 1st rides with the iPOD and had two challenges in less than 20 miles. I hit the rev limit three times. I thought something was broken. The next week I was going east on I-490 messing with a sport bike and held it WOT for much longer and never hit the limit. Must be down hill with a trail wind to hit it.
Hey man,
Maybe that's it.I've probably never hit the right condition to get the R's up high enough.By the looks of the tach a few times I musta been close.
Something else for me to watch for.



Elrod on the V-Rod
 

·
Gone
Joined
·
9,302 Posts
I got a big flash of shift light in 5th that spooked me into letting off of it, it's set at 8400 so I probably let go around 8600. I honestly think the bike will rev out in 5th. I pussied out so I can't prove it though. I vaguely remember seeing it over 130 in the process but my head was jarring around too much to pay attention to the speedo or the tach. These bikes make for a very stressfull ride at speeds like that. I might try it again someday, but I'm not in a hurry.
 

·
V's and Z's
Joined
·
4,093 Posts
I've been over 150 in my Z and it was scary, even though the car was smooth as silk.
 

·
VRSCRT
Joined
·
193 Posts
i have an R with the 28 tooth sprocket and can hit the rev limiter in 5th with no problem. speedo indicates around 135. just tuck in and- i forgot, ya'll got your feet out in the breeze.
 
1 - 20 of 40 Posts
Top