Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, as some of you may have read yesterday, my bike was stolen out of my apartment's parking lot sometime between 1-4am Friday morning. Well, I had pretty much conceded that the bike was gone and already filed the insurance report for it.

However, about 2 hours ago, I was driving back from the driving range with my g/f (she was driving) and I saw my motorcycle pulling out onto the same road! We were not even 1/2 mile from my apartment. We proceeded to follow the bike and I called 911. He ended up pulling away before the cops got there (we were in a Jetta on these back roads). We continued to drive around the area and saw him AGAIN about 20minutes later. Once again, he was carrying a passenger and the license bracket was torn off (why not just remove the screws?). We pulled a U-Turn and called the police again but he was gone before we knew it. So, I decided to ride back to where we originally saw him leaving...knowing that it was a residential area. While I was talking to some bikers there, the operator called and said that they had apprehended the suspect. We drove back to where it was (the same place we saw him the 2nd time) and I saw her...just sitting there on her kick stand. Apparently, he fleed for a couple of miles while being persued by 2 units. Finally, he pulled off the rode and gave up (he had dumped his passenger already). Talking with the cops, they said that he's been doing this stuff for 8 years and he was just released out from prison a month ago. Also, the told me he lives in the neighborhood that backs up to my apartment complex. They stated his name several times...as if to hint to me...but I just smirked. She won't start and will need a new ignition and license plate. A couple of other parts are scratched as well and will need to get replaced...but insurance will cover it.

I'm pretty excitied...since i never thought I'd see her again. The cops said they thought it was insurance fraud...apparently they see it alot with newer bikes (and in a college town). But, they did their job...and I got lucky...stupid ass was messing with the wrong guy...and he paid for it.
 

·
I'm Bored
Joined
·
1,741 Posts
That's awesome dude!!!:notworth: I hope they lock him away for a very, very long time. Maybe he'll get to meet some of his cellmate boyfriends again!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,869 Posts
What a great end to the story! You and LL Kool K should team up and start a PI business - both of you have gone out and chased down your own perps..

Sorry about the scratches, but Way to Go!
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
6,735 Posts
KICKASS!!! :thumb:
Did they let you kick him in the nuts or did they do it for you? :chair:
 

·
Peaked At Birth
Joined
·
5,198 Posts
Very happy to hear this boiler. Must be a sweet feeling to catch an a-hole like that.
 

·
Wet Blanket
Joined
·
3,044 Posts
EDIT - I saw your bike didn't have a security system

The thief who stole your bike lived less than a half a mile away (WAG) and still drove around as if he owned the bike?

Was the fender damaged due to the dog's ass being ripped off?

I'll be honest with you, I had some doubts when I first read your story and I don't know why. I guess it just didn't sound kosher and now reading the end result, it still sounds fishy. The police (who do this stuff for a living) had their doubts as well so I know I wasn't alone.

If you are on the up and up then I'm glad you got your bike back. If you had planned this then you obviously suck at insurance fraud.
 

·
Another Ski season
Joined
·
2,631 Posts
bonketi said:
Very happy to hear this boiler. Must be a sweet feeling to catch an a-hole like that.
+1

Way to go!!!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I wanted to catch him first sooo bad. My roommate offered me his .45 as protection when I called him to let him know we were out looking for the guy. It was a great feeling to catch him. The best part was when i had to ID him as he sat in the cop car. He shrugged away and claimed innocence. Good feeling. I'll admit, i'm nervous about him knowing where I park (both my car and bike) but i plan on installing an alarm...and sleeping with the .45 under my pillow. (Once again, i sleep only 20ft from where it was).
 

·
LEX MALLA LEX NULLA
Joined
·
1,072 Posts
Great end to a sad story to start with. You hear a lot about most of the crime being committed by a few offenders that just keep circulating through the criminal justice system and being put back out on the street again. Prime example right here. Glad you got you ride back.:thumb: You should do a search and read LL KOOL K’s rip off story.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
RidePhat said:
The thief who stole your bike lived less than a half a mile away (WAG) and still drove around as if he owned the bike?

Was the fender damaged due to the dog's ass being ripped off?

I'll be honest with you, I had some doubts when I first read your story and I don't know why. I guess it just didn't sound kosher and now reading the end result, it still sounds fishy. The police (who do this stuff for a living) had their doubts as well so I know I wasn't alone.

If you are on the up and up then I'm glad you got your bike back. If you had planned this then you obviously suck at insurance fraud.
There is no security system on the bike. The fender looked fine, but i'm going to take it in to the dealer to have everything checked out and then fixed. Kosher? I'm Jewish. And there's nothing "fishy" about it. I owned a Sportster before this and traded it in over the summer for the vrod...but think what you want. Doesn't really bother me, I have my bike back.

PS - If you didn't see it the first time, he's a "local yocal" that's been running into problems with the law for 8 years. He was just released from prison a month ago, or so the Sheriff told me. I'm only here for school...and just arrived 5 days ago.
 

·
Friend of Max.
Joined
·
21,719 Posts
Dude, Get a Keyless harness with the DGD option if you don't have an alarm. It saved my GF's bike from being stolen when our house was broken into, and they took all the keys.

RJ
 

·
Don't think, ride.
Joined
·
752 Posts
boilernole said:
Well, as some of you may have read yesterday, my bike was stolen out of my apartment's parking lot sometime between 1-4am Friday morning. Well, I had pretty much conceded that the bike was gone and already filed the insurance report for it.

However, about 2 hours ago, I was driving back from the driving range with my g/f (she was driving) and I saw my motorcycle pulling out onto the same road! We were not even 1/2 mile from my apartment. We proceeded to follow the bike and I called 911. He ended up pulling away before the cops got there (we were in a Jetta on these back roads). We continued to drive around the area and saw him AGAIN about 20minutes later. Once again, he was carrying a passenger and the license bracket was torn off (why not just remove the screws?). We pulled a U-Turn and called the police again but he was gone before we knew it. So, I decided to ride back to where we originally saw him leaving...knowing that it was a residential area. While I was talking to some bikers there, the operator called and said that they had apprehended the suspect. We drove back to where it was (the same place we saw him the 2nd time) and I saw her...just sitting there on her kick stand. Apparently, he fleed for a couple of miles while being persued by 2 units. Finally, he pulled off the rode and gave up (he had dumped his passenger already). Talking with the cops, they said that he's been doing this stuff for 8 years and he was just released out from prison a month ago. Also, the told me he lives in the neighborhood that backs up to my apartment complex. They stated his name several times...as if to hint to me...but I just smirked. She won't start and will need a new ignition and license plate. A couple of other parts are scratched as well and will need to get replaced...but insurance will cover it.

I'm pretty excitied...since i never thought I'd see her again. The cops said they thought it was insurance fraud...apparently they see it alot with newer bikes (and in a college town). But, they did their job...and I got lucky...stupid ass was messing with the wrong guy...and he paid for it.
Oh man, I am so happy for you! On a side note...how utterly stupid does that guy have to be riding around a bike he stole in the same neighborhood that he stole it in. What a freakin idiot, I am so glad they caught him and you got your bike back.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
11,366 Posts
The guy must be a real moron, ripping off a bike in his own neighborhood then riding it there as well.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
6,735 Posts
RidePhat said:
I'll be honest with you, I had some doubts when I first read your story and I don't know why. I guess it just didn't sound kosher and now reading the end result, it still sounds fishy. The police (who do this stuff for a living) had their doubts as well so I know I wasn't alone.
I thought so too at first, but I was the same way when I got my new Honda ripped off when I was 19. Kinda in shock, I didn't know how to act. Friends kept saying I was taking it well because I wasn't flipping out and threatening to kill someone or anything, I was just "mellow".
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
PS - the sad part of the story - I spoke with my dad a couple of minutes ago and he said that it was too bad we found it. He found a 2008 Anniversary model that was a good deal...and that was going to be my replacement.

PS #2 - the bike was paid for...for those of you whom find it fishy. I wasn't sure it if was (like I said, a gift from the parents) but he confirmed that it was when we talked later.
 

·
Wet Blanket
Joined
·
3,044 Posts
RustyG said:
The guy must be a real moron, ripping off a bike in his own neighborhood then riding it there as well.
Especially while on parole. He must have missed his three hots and a cot!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Well, what was anger going to accomplish? I posted in here just in case someone in the area (or online) found the bike. My friend said he'd be punching holes in walls...but all that would've done is left holes for me to fix.
 

·
Bone Stock B Model
Joined
·
8,639 Posts
I have no idea what I would do if someone stole my bike!!! Probably cry like a school girl. Glad you got your bike back.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Funny story... He put 100miles on the bike and I mentioned it to the cops. They said "well, i hope those 100miles were worth the assraping he'll get in jail." Like I said, they all knew him...and he's been arrested several times.
 
1 - 20 of 56 Posts
Top