Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2005 screaming eagle I bought a few months ago. I changed the oil yesterday and found metal shavings in the drain plug. Bike has 9000 miles and runs good. Is this something to worry about?

Attachments

·
EXCELSIOR
8,555 Posts
Many bikes don't have magnets on the drain plugs so you would never notice that little in your oil.
A word of caution, do not over tighten the drain plug. The aluminum pan is very thin and many heavy handed people have stripped the hole out easily.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Agreed. That is nothing to worry about. That isn't even what I'd call "shavings".
You can always cut open the oil filter and take a look inside.
If it's really on your mind, put a couple thousand on the bike and send a sample out to Blackstone Labs. Google them up. They'll send you a prepaid shipping sample kit. Include your full story, concerns and the pic with your oil. They will literally tell you everything that's going on. I believe its around $25 I've done it every oil change on a 392 Charger since new along with a few friends of mine.

HEY Congratulations on scoring the Screamin Eagle. How about some pics of the scooter !

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I fell Inlove with this bike the minute I got on it. I am planning to keep it for a long long time. I installed a harley sport windshield and it has made a big difference for highway cruising

·
Registered
53 Posts
Custom paint???
Isn't that part of the whole point of a CVO :)
Looks great brother.
Ride safe

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Custom paint???
Isn't that part of the whole point of a CVO :)
Looks great brother.
Ride safe
Thank you brotha. You as well.
You in NY? I'm not to far from there in NJ. One of these days we should meet up and talk about how awesome our bikes are :cool:

·
Registered
53 Posts
I love mine. Take it upstate NY and out of state all the time with my HOG chapter.
I find it to be a comfortable long trip and highway ride. Especially after I went with a modular helmet.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts