Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
spit happens
5,534 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Gerencer's HD in Elkhart, Indiana.About a 40 minute ride.
I heard that they had a v-rod they drag.I had to drive my father-inlaw there,because he 's going thru radiation and Kemo for stomach cancer.He's too sick and tired to drive or ride.
I walked in and asked to see the v-rod.There it was.Bad-A$$.It went 10.8's stock motor.Find out it's the Louie Gerencer's bike,the owner of the place.
The mechanic is no more than 26yrs old.He has 3 bigbore motors in various stages of completion.
I talked to him for about 1/2 hr.could've all day.He told me that Louie and the guys at Tilley's are good friends.
KAZ those Dyer's rods are 'trick'.When they say bigbore they mean BIG-BORE.they are huge.
I also got a few tips that he gave me.
Sat on a v-rod with the 04 gagecluster and 26in. wide drag-bars.very comfy for me.

They are gonna start doing the work on my v-rod from now on.

Sorry so long,but it was very educational.
Vinny:cheers:

·
Banned
12,582 Posts
Vinny,
Sounds like you found the Right Shop!There are Many HD shops but very few that know whats up with Our V-rods!Be a Sponge and soak up all you can!;) Keep us posted!:cool:

·
spit happens
5,534 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
He said that Tilley's is testing newer velocity stacks.He said they gave more power.I didn't get to see them, they didn't have any yet.

·
Banned
12,582 Posts
I have some pretty trick Billet ones!:diablo:

·
spit happens
5,534 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Are they conical?You know a FAT V shape, about 3" dia at the top?IF we are talking about the same thing,I saw them they're trick.He told me that they have a newer style they are testing.
Since money is a big issue for me right now.I'm gonna get bigger throttle bodies for now.that way I have them when I get the money for the bigbore.Anywhere from $6000-$8000 is what the mech. told me.He said that Gerencers is working out a package price.Hopefully bigbore kit next winter.if things go right it'll be sooner.

·
Banned
12,582 Posts
No there not that Big.Actually the are Very Short may be 1.5 inches.Billet and Very high quality.The high rpm motors seem to like the short runners.Maybe the Big bores like long runners,but not sure.I will do plenty of testing when my motor is finished.:diablo:

·
Color me Gone
27,333 Posts
Kaz do you know if they did any testing of the airflow with your stacks? The reason I ask is late model intakes use a lot of vortex generators inside them and I think a vortex generator would be easy to build onto the stacks but you would need to do a lot of dyno and airflow work to test it. Usually a vortex on a car engine works great since it gives the air a swirl going into the combustion chamber.

·
Banned
12,582 Posts
Max,
on a Normally Aspirated motor it would much more important then on mine.I'm injecting a Boat load of O2 in my NOS Set Up so I just need allot of air Fast!The short runners give me that.Volume is supplied through the short runners and my Velocity is from way over 1000psi of Nitrous being injected right into the cylinders!It's kinda like Cheating!:diablo: Add to that the Stand alone fuel pump/system that adds the perfect amount of fuel with the Mixture and you have double the factory power in an instant!:eek:

·
spit happens
5,534 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
It has stock internals.2-2 custom pipes.Bigger throttle body,Barnet clutch,Big velocity stacks,chain drive,lowered 2 inches,slick,and more little things I can't remember at the moment.His best was that 10.8.He launched it at 9000grand.Took off like a rocket.

Kaz,
you must have a newer style stacks because the ones I saw where the old ones.These were about 2.5inches high.

They also got this trick aluminum clutch housing,strickly a strip pc.This is going on the Louie's v-rod with one of the bigbores.

Kaz, do you have any pics of your 'WET' n2o sys that you would you be willing to share?

·
Banned
12,582 Posts
I went 10.83 with my bike on the motor no Nitrous so it very possible with a drag setup"Air Shifter,Chain drive,and Slick"I tryed to post a pic but it would not repost so e-mail me at
[email protected]:cool:

·
spit happens
5,534 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Sorrry that's what it is.Set up for drag.has the air shifter also.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts