Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
It's Only Money
1,321 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know that I've heard of this issue before on here, but a search came up empty. While I was working on the bike today I took the air cover off while I was fussing around with the HID install and found the overflow hose from the radiator flopping around. The little tube fitting on the overflow bottle had snapped off. I've never had any problems and don't know how long the thing was broken.

OK now for the brain trust. Is there a shade tree fix for this or do I need to go to HD for a new cap? I'm already guessing that you have to buy the entire bottle as a unit. Hence the question about the shade tree work around.

Any input is welcomed even if it is just to point me to an existing thread that discusses this issue.

Thanks in advance.

Dana

·
Premium Member
319 Posts
I know that I've heard of this issue before on here, but a search came up empty. While I was working on the bike today I took the air cover off while I was fussing around with the HID install and found the overflow hose from the radiator flopping around. The little tube fitting on the overflow bottle had snapped off. I've never had any problems and don't know how long the thing was broken.

OK now for the brain trust. Is there a shade tree fix for this or do I need to go to HD for a new cap? I'm already guessing that you have to buy the entire bottle as a unit. Hence the question about the shade tree work around.

Any input is welcomed even if it is just to point me to an existing thread that discusses this issue.

Thanks in advance.

Dana
HD wants almost 50 bucks... damn... simple fix..drill out to receive a 90 degree 1/4" PVC fitting. PVC glue the fitting in the drilled hole. attach the hoses and done deal. I always wanted to be a plumber until :hitfan: Donald

·
It's Only Money
1,321 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Super cool. Thanks!!! I was thinking along similar lines. I think this is similar to the thread I couldn't find.

·
Premium Member
235 Posts
Because PVC starts deforming at 104 degrees, you may want to use CPVC or brass fittings.........Tom

1 - 6 of 6 Posts