Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's finally done I installed D front frame sections and pegs It was very easy other than the jiffy stand had to be lengthened I love the ride and if you want to still get hard in the corners you just have to fold the pegs in. Also I added sport bike bar ends and painted a few more little things black. What do ya guys think?

Attachments

·
Premium Member
10,801 Posts
Cool!

·
Registered
2,809 Posts
looks factory great job!!

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It affects it slightly I think but if I know I'm going to be riding hard I can fold the pegs up than theres no way they would every touch, if they do your in trouble.

·
Registered
1,432 Posts
Wow! You did great work. I wish it had come the R came this way from the factory.

Rob M.

·
Premium Member
9,332 Posts
Were the frame down tubes a direct swap? Your bike is looking good!

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yes the tubes were a simple direct swap it was a fairly easy project other than lengthening the jiffy stand.

·
Big Dawg
705 Posts
Looks good.

·
Premium Member
6,337 Posts
VRSCR-Dave said:
It affects it slightly I think but if I know I'm going to be riding hard I can fold the pegs up than theres no way they would every touch, if they do your in trouble.
I think more than slightly. I have drug the mid controls several times on my R. Plus, with these being up front if they drag then they will more than likly dig in and pitch you down and then it's a bad day.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well Brian you ride harder than I do I've never had my mids touch I have a different bike to ride when I want to ride that hard. That rocks though.

·
Premium Member
6,337 Posts
VRSCR-Dave said:
Well Brian you ride harder than I do I've never had my mids touch I have a different bike to ride when I want to ride that hard. That rocks though.
ok cool, I just wanted to say that you might want to be careful with those new forward controls. Why did you want forward controls anyway?

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
When I went on a trip up north with it I wanted to stretch my legs out or at least ride in a different position but I couldn't. When I ride my VFR I can move my feet to the back pegs just to ride in a different postion. This morning I took the R out to try the pegs out and I really liked them, in a way I kind of wanted an A or B when I bought this bike but as you already know you can't beat the price of these bikes I got mine for $12200

·
come here dummy
34 Posts
Dave, looks awesome... I would really like to do that mod... but it's probably more time consuming than I have right now... looks factory slick!
Great work!

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Here is a list of all the parts needed to do this.

11304 retaining ring (2)
3718M anchor, jiffy stand (1)
3729M screw (2)
45041-01A clevis pin (2)
47987-05K Frame lower LH (1)
48067-06BK Frame lower RH (1)
49135-06 clevis rider footpeg (2)
49733-07BK jiffystand (1)
50003-89B clevis pin (1)
50005-85A jiffystand spring (1)
50912-72 sping washer (2)
53158-98 jiffystand bushing (2)