Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Banned
924 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recall reading somewhere about mounting the reduced reach footpeg mounts backwards to extend your reach by about an inch. I'm 6' with long legs and am thinking about trying this but want to know about ground clearance in corners and if it really makes much difference. I need to know if it makes reaching the brake and shift linkage harder to reach or if there is enough range in the linkage adjustments to make the one inch change remain comfortable to shift and brake... :confused:

Greg

·
Registered
4 Posts
greg
1'm 6'3" and i installed mounts you're talking about backwards and yes i think it helped.i also added custom pegs with heel rests all h-d stuff see my blue rod thanks vrodrick2
thanks rick

·
Banned
924 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks vrodrick2,
I knew I read about this mod somewhere but still can't remember where. Did the mod push the pegs out to the sides more than stock? What about dragging while cornering, any additional problems? Brake and shift lever position still ok? Thanks for the pictures. Nice bike...

Greg

·
Registered
4 Posts
glz said:
Thanks vrodrick2,
I knew I read about this mod somewhere but still can't remember where. Did the mod push the pegs out to the sides more than stock? What about dragging while cornering, any additional problems? Brake and shift lever position still ok? Thanks for the pictures. Nice bike...

Greg
greg under normal to semi hard cornering only heel rest dragged so i adjusted them about one notch. ifeel the heel rests make shifting and braking better than just pegs iwear size 11.5 boot so that may be in my favor . i also have
sundowner seat ,stocker and the willie g badlander. sundowner moves you forward just a slight amount but is the most comfort for your butt,willie g seat helps the legs as it lowers you 1" or so good luck
rick

·
Banned
924 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Rick,
I mounted them this morning and they worked perfectly. Thanks for the input...
Greg

1 - 5 of 5 Posts