Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone who has done the forward control conversion. I just did it but what did you do with the right mid control mount? I goes between the swing arm and the frame. Did you just take it off or put a spacer in there?

·
Premium Member
1,922 Posts
Are you talking about where the pivot shaft goes through? If so I swapped with a DX owner and he used my engine mount and I used his so it worked out just fine.

·
Premium Member
1,922 Posts
ffpierce said:
Where did you get the kit? I'm looking to put forward controls on my 06D. How hard was it to do?
Find someone with a DX who wants mid controls and swap parts. Cheap for both of you and easy.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Find a DX to trade or go thought V-mod.com like I did. Not hard at all. The hardest thing was bleeding the rear brake line which was not that hard. I would be nice if they included instructions.

·
Premium Member
1,922 Posts
robb2269 said:
Find a DX to trade or go thought V-mod.com like I did. Not hard at all. The hardest thing was bleeding the rear brake line which was not that hard. I would be nice if they included instructions.
For what it's worth if your going to be bleeding your brake lines or clutch line the Brake Pressure Bleeder -- $75 Standard, $90 with rear adapter from the forum store is worth it's weight in gold...:)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts