Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
634 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have searched but have not come up with any good answers yet. I would like to install forward controls on my 06D so I can install Jug Huggers exhaust. I looked at the V-mod kit but hello.....kinda outrageous on price for what is pictured. Anybody have a parts manual that would be able to list the parts required to move mid controls to forward postion? Tried to post in the trade section to see if anybody wanted to swap but don't have rights there yet I guess LOL.

Thanks,

Glenn

·
Dilligaf
5,393 Posts
Just do a search for nightrod forward controls, there was one with the part numbers needed for the conversion.

·
Registered
257 Posts
I just got mine from V-mod because those parts list came out to almost the same. I did it myself not hard. Hardest part is bleeding the brakes really. But if you are going to order the parts yourself don't order the foot pigs or shift knob in the kit you can use your old ones which look better anyway. Everything in the V-Mod kit is HD OEM parts. And just so you know the right side frame piece is on back order all I could get was silver. So I went with V-mod.

·
Registered
79 Posts
ordered parts from Zanotti's and the RH Frame rail no longer appears on the back order list - so I am assuming it is now available. However, the master cylinder assy is still on back order until the end of Aug.

doNaTello

·
Registered
257 Posts
I just finished putting mine on. It was easy. Make sure the stop switch is the right one. HD changed after 06. It is smaller so thats what took me so long but its nice ride now. I have to search around here to see what others did with the right side mide mounts.

·
Premium Member
444 Posts
I'm thinking about ordering the V-Mod Forward Control Kit. Any issues about the radiator shroud? A stealer was trying to tell me that I may need to order a shroud or have my shroud notch out some.

How quickly did the V-Mod kit get shipped after paying for it? Thanks!

·
Registered
257 Posts
Yeah I had a Dealer trying to sell me both frame sides right and left. Then saying the right was on back order. So I decided to go with V-mod. They shipped it pretty fast. Only make sure you tell them what year its for. Apprentally I was the first 06 since Harley changed there brake switch. So I had to send the one they shipped out and they overnighted the right one. Great guys with any questions. Only thing I think they should they should get rid of the standard pegs they send in the kit and incoulde the A style motor mount so you can totally remove the mid control mount on the right side. I used my pegs which I think look better then the round stock ones. Everything matched up perfect. Infact they were almost all HD parts. No mod the the shroud. Love the ride.

·
Premium Member
444 Posts
robb2269 said:
Yeah I had a Dealer trying to sell me both frame sides right and left. Then saying the right was on back order. So I decided to go with V-mod. They shipped it pretty fast. Only make sure you tell them what year its for. Apprentally I was the first 06 since Harley changed there brake switch. So I had to send the one they shipped out and they overnighted the right one. Great guys with any questions. Only thing I think they should they should get rid of the standard pegs they send in the kit and incoulde the A style motor mount so you can totally remove the mid control mount on the right side. I used my pegs which I think look better then the round stock ones. Everything matched up perfect. Infact they were almost all HD parts. No mod the the shroud. Love the ride.
Thanks for the info!

I emailed Zannotti's and there were a few parts that are on back order until September. I'm thinking I'm really going with the V-Mod.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts