Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys,

I'm finally upgrading the shocks on the BLK Devil and would like to know what height most folks a running on their Night rod specials. Stock height for a DX is 12.5". Has anyone had experience with Fornales and what height do they reccommend.
They come in 12" 13" & 13.5"

Cheers
From Down Under

·
& Buell S1
78 Posts
It depends upon what type of riding you do and how concerned you are about how your bike looks.

I'm 82kgs and my frame scrapes at the outer edge just in front of the rear wheel, mid corner on some of our less than smooth country roads. I can deal with pegs scraping, but the frame banging onto the road I find distracting...which is not good.

So my plan is to go 13" (not Fournales...can't afford those :( )hoping the extra length and better spring will give me what I'm looking for.

If you buy the 13"s, you can always buy the pump too and let some air out for cruising along the strip when you want the superlow look.

If you ride the bike hard, forget the 12"s. Forget 13.5"s as well...your bike would look too high. I think Fournales also make a 12.5"....but I'd still go with the 13s

·
brett
9,338 Posts
if ur set on founales ,good ,but have u had a look at progressive 440s. they are a good ride and was used by many here with much happiness ,pm sharkey at vshop for the best price and any info u need on them

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for all your comments guys,

I just confirmed the 13" as I prefer the twisty country roads & theres not much of my foot pegs left anyway :).
I dont know whether taking air out of them will lower the height, my understanding is that by reducing the factory setting air pressure will only soften the ride, I've been told that the Fournales come set at 15bar. I have also ordered the pump to experiement with air pressures to suit my weight.
My 07 NRS has open air box, HD Race Tuner, K&N filter, stock pipes with mod baffels, rev limit raised to 9500 and running NEO 20/50 platinum Oil. She just came off the dyno & peeled off 121.5HP at the treads.

Any benefit from changing to a heavier grade oil in the front end, or will the Fournales do the trick to improved handling & ride ?

·
& Buell S1
78 Posts
I dont know whether taking air out of them will lower the height, my understanding is that by reducing the factory setting air pressure will only soften the ride.
Maybe not....dropping some air definately lowered the ones I had...but that was a softail.

You may want to try some Progressive Springs in the front....$75...pm Sharkey at V Shop...he'll hook you up.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi Guys,

Whats the story with this Harley Customs guy called Nick in UK, my brother started this thread looking for some advise and feedback & then placed the order for 2 sets as I alsp picked up an immaculate low mileage 07 NRS. I'm not as patient as my brother when someone's already got my money & hasnt delivered the goods for well over a month. The excuse has been that Fournales were closed during holidays and they are following up on back log orders..this was 3 weeks ago, Seems to me like this guys pocketed the cash and stalling on delivery because he has nothing in stock & probably hasnt had any for some time. Has anyone else out there dealt with this character call Nick from UK Harley Customs???? Have we been taken for a ride??

·
& Buell S1
78 Posts
Can't help you with advice on Nick from the UK, but 3 weeks is not really a big wait. I've been waiting for stuff far longer than that and have it turn up. I Have one situation that's now coming up to 5 MONTHS.

I've only dealt with Bertrand the Aussie Fournales Dealer...never a problem with him.

·
Registered
878 Posts
Thanks for all your comments guys,

My 07 NRS has open air box, HD Race Tuner, K&N filter, stock pipes with mod baffels, rev limit raised to 9500 and running NEO 20/50 platinum Oil. She just came off the dyno & peeled off 121.5HP at the treads.
damn thats impressive

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.