Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Tie One On
1,644 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, it is time for me to rebuild my front end forks on my R model. I have been getting some leakage from the slider seals for a while and I have gotten new seals and SE oil in hand and ready for the rebuild to start.
I have a couple of questions though.
Are the top caps allen wrench sized in metric or US ?? What size wrench will fit ?
What is the easiest way to remove the seals once the sliders are off the bike ? Any tricks to removing the seals ?
The allen wrench for the bottom end cap screw is 5 mm and in a long length I understand. What length minimum to fit into the brass allen screw at the bottom ? Like a 5 inch long or what ?

I know about the 2 inch PVC pipe to reinstall the seals so that is taken care of. I also have the service manual already and I use it all the time, so.....

Anyone have any info on the R model front end rebuilding does and dont's for me ?

·
Greekrider
182 Posts
Okay, it is time for me to rebuild my front end forks on my R model. I have been getting some leakage from the slider seals for a while and I have gotten new seals and SE oil in hand and ready for the rebuild to start.
I have a couple of questions though.
Are the top caps allen wrench sized in metric or US ?? What size wrench will fit ?
What is the easiest way to remove the seals once the sliders are off the bike ? Any tricks to removing the seals ?
The allen wrench for the bottom end cap screw is 5 mm and in a long length I understand. What length minimum to fit into the brass allen screw at the bottom ? Like a 5 inch long or what ?

I know about the 2 inch PVC pipe to reinstall the seals so that is taken care of. I also have the service manual already and I use it all the time, so.....

Anyone have any info on the R model front end rebuilding does and dont's for me ?
http://www.no-limit-custom.com/gabel.htm
This is my advice...!!!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts