Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am not sure which way to go. My 06 D does not seem really well planted in the curves. I am pretty sure the steering head bearings are correctly adjusted. Need opinons. Which would be most likely to help. Progressive fork springs or fork brace? Thanks for your input.

·
Registered
616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Mike. I am running the stock oil. If the SE oil makes a difference then I am willing to try that. Would be a cheap experiment.

·
Chrome is king!!!
20,269 Posts
It's worth a shot. I know i didn't like the way the front end felt with the stock oil, but I'm fine now that the SE oil is in there.

·
Chief
1,272 Posts
If you are changing the oil, you should probably switch over to the progressive springs also. I put the progressive lowering springs with the heavy duty SE oil on my 03 A and the ride is much better.

·
Nate
3,277 Posts
258C1 said:
If you are changing the oil, you should probably switch over to the progressive springs also. I put the progressive lowering springs with the heavy duty SE oil on my 03 A and the ride is much better.
:them: While you're in there you may as well drop in some progressive springs, it really makes a difference.

·
Banned
4,397 Posts
Go with the progressive springs, it the cheapest improvement you can make to your V, also consider putting in amsoils shock therapy, its a nice shock oil..

·
Registered
74 Posts
I noticed the same with my 07 D. Because it took a long time to get the springs sent to the UK, I had the rear suspension upgraded first. This made the whole bike feel better in the corners but I would agree that the front end both dives far too much under only moderate braking and has poor damping. Now with Progressive springs and heavier oil the front feels firm with good feedback. Mark

·
Registered
201 Posts
Ergoguy34 said:
Go with the progressive springs, it the cheapest improvement you can make to your V, also consider putting in amsoils shock therapy, its a nice shock oil..
:notworth: :notworth:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts