Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
636 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanted to know if anybody has any recommendations on what weight fork oil to use. I'm going to change my springs out with the stock length progressive units and can’t decide what oil to use. I heard anywhere from 15wt. to 30wt. I weight 260 with all my gear on. And no I don’t need to go on a diet! :spank: :slap: :ride:

·
Registered
636 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Val. :) Soft suspension is one of my pet peeves. To many years of off roading I guess. Thanks again!

·
Making the UK Fatter
2,606 Posts
Hi JB

Where do you get standard ride height progressive fork springs?, I thought they were only available for lowering. I'm finding the standard front end bottoming out and diving all over the place on our potholed UK roads so I'm planning to get the dealer to change my oil at the 1st service, but progressive springs would be a good idea too.

·
Registered
636 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well now you have me wondering? I went to the progressive web site and looked up the v-rod and it has a fork lowering kit and fork springs listed separately. I'm pretty sure the fork springs are stock length as the fork lowering kit comes with it’s own springs. I’ll let you know Friday, as they should be in then. Has anybody else purchased these spring?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts