Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hiya folks

I've read a lot of threads on changing the fork oil and putting in Progressive Suspension springs. Sounds like a good idea and I don't like the diving under braking. Especially in London where you have to brake every half mile or so.

Have any of you UK folks had this mod done and if so where? Also, can you get the springs in the UK (I tried to Google them and since the word 'progressive' is generic I couldn't find any good info).

Cheers

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
Hi Soda, (no offence Fire One) but you might find the Hagons too soft, ask Mr VRodder he tried them, tried my Progressives and swopped immediately.

In terms of value for money I rate the Progressive front springs, heavier oil and a new set of Avon rubber as some of the best money you can put into a V Rod. A world of difference to the overall feel and handling of the bike.

Progressives are easy to source in UK for circa £70 a set plus your oil and fitting. Whereabouts in London are you? A good independant dealer will do the job for reasonable money as it can be quickly done if you don't fancy the task yourself.

If you have the day available on 21st July come and join us in Calne, just off junc 16 M4 and mix with a few like-minded souls. Invites out to you too Fire One:)

Regards Jon

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
Sorry I meant to add that the springs are supplied through Zodiac, W&W and Custom Chrome catologue/dealers

·
Registered
36 Posts
Hi Hyperpro supply a "Combikit" which is front & rear springs [and full set up data]for normal rods, and are working on 'DX kit. Customers who had them fitted "raved" about the transformation. For more info' send me a PM!
Ride safe
Seb

·
Premium Member
2,102 Posts
Skinbo said:
If you have the day available on 21st July come and join us in Calne, just off junc 16 M4 and mix with a few like-minded souls. Invites out to you too Fire One:)
Ahhh, that will be http://www.calnemotorcyclemeet.co.uk/

I will try and make it up there too.
I will be coming up from Guildford, so mayb's we could meet up on the M4 somewhere and all ride in together :)

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Folks

Thanks for the great info. Does putting in the springs affect the warranty?

Also, cheers for the invite :) If I'm confident enough by then I'll definitely come along. Believe it or not, this is my first bike since my motocross days of my youth. In fact I never really had a desire to get a bike until I saw the V-ROD.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Calne Meet

HI Jon, Thanks for the invite , I have just seen the web site should be able to meet up. Just got back from Fuengirola HOG rally. Could meet anyone on way on . DAVE.

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
Soda, knowing the MoCo just riding it probably invalidates the warranty! I am sure there wont be a problem as the originals are more than likely a basic version supplied by Progressive!

Come to Calne with confidence, its a day in good company and a chance to put a face to a name etc. Looks like there could be a few looking to come from your direction so a meet on the M4 services could be on the cards. Looks like Fire One and The Apprentice are up for it so there is the first three to ride in together.

Seb do you fancy hooking up with the ride in from the midlands?

I am going to be sending out some PM's to everyone shortly and then follow up with some firm arrangements as soon as the numbers are firmed up.

Keep your eye on the posts!

Cheers

Skin

·
Making the UK Fatter
2,606 Posts
If you change the springs and oil yourself, "who's going to know"

As Skin said the Hagon's are shite, maybe preloaded a bit more they could be ok, but fitted as instructed they are not much better.
The progressives are brill. but they also require more preload that the supplied instructions. PM me when you get them and I'll fill you in, also you don't "have to" use HD oils, I used a Silkolene 15WT and it's fine.

This has to be the best "sub £100" mod you can make.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts