Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know where else can I get the fork covers? I sent a few messages trying to reach Ron Cooper and no luck. Any other supplier? Thanks for the help.

·
boo
5,211 Posts
pm tyson 876. i will also have some for sale whenever ron gets mine to me (ordered over two months ago) - i bought other ones in the meanwhile

·
boo
5,211 Posts
nah, i bought some used ones of ron's from another member ditching his. the one's i got are with the holes, didnt really want those - i had ordered the regular smooth ones from ron - but i doubt i'll take the trouble to switch them.

·
boo
5,211 Posts
ha. long and painful tale. i ended up using.....the one's off my 07 that are slightly torn on the bottom of one. which i still don't know what they are exactly. the ones in the pic above do actually fit (are long enough) - they were just pushed up/compressed when i took the pic.

none of the rest i bought - and i think there are 8 or 10 sets in a box now - were the right size. i have procomps, and daystars in series 381, 69, 402 and 408 sitting around that i need to put up on ebay. the 381's were the closest to fitting and certainly would work, but are a little roomier than i wanted. i sold one set of those to member "Rab (QLD)" if you want to ask him how it worked out and if he has pics.

·
boo
5,211 Posts
sweet bike, one of these days i'm going to paint my DX white.

those covers are nice looking but seriously expensive

·
Registered
379 Posts
Yeah, Ive thought about doing a "White Rod" also, would look bad ass, powder coat rims white and everything white but the engine, would look sic.

·
boo
5,211 Posts
who cares what some jacktard thinks if he can't tell the difference between a DX and a 109?

·
Registered
583 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
man that is one sick bike!! jc have you tried to call him? i read somewhere on here he mentioned that if you called him that would be better than if you contacted him through here? also you can get some boots from summit racing for 5.99

·
Registered
43 Posts
covers

nah, i bought some used ones of ron's from another member ditching his. the one's i got are with the holes, didnt really want those - i had ordered the regular smooth ones from ron - but i doubt i'll take the trouble to switch them.

hey scarecrow i like the look of those covers. can you let me know where you picked them up and how much?? ( pm me if you dont want to post up prices etc )
cheers sonny

·
boo
5,211 Posts
which covers mate? the boots? those were sent to me by a member and i've had no luck matching them to any new ones.

or the machined fork covers in the uppers? those are made by a member here.

·
Registered
43 Posts
covers

yeah mate the machined covers. who made them and were they a one of or does he make to order?
cheers sonny

·
Registered
43 Posts
covers

thanks mate. i think i might look elsewhere for a set tho. looks like theres a lot of people waiting on this guy.
cheers rick

1 - 20 of 28 Posts