Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 20 of 94 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just got this kit done, would like to know if there is any interest. Pictures show the parts just finished, still in natural aluminum finish. I can deliver these in hard anodized black (or polished...or whatever).
If there are interested members I need at least 5 confirmed orders so I can start. Once I have them confirmed, I can have them at your door in about 2 weeks.
Now to the pricing, if I have 5 preorders, pricing is $360.00 shipped CONUS. If I happen to get 10+ orders, price will be $330.00 shipped CONUS. This is in the black hard anodized finish.
I apologize for the mistake, the finish on this kit will be POWDER COATED...unless of course, somebody wants different. Thanks. JC.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
5,719 Posts
Very nice work :notworth:

·
Grabbin' a Handfull
196 Posts
That looks very nice! I like the cap that goes on the top of the fork tube that really finishes off the look. Do you need to raise the fork tubes above the top clamp much to be able to use the top cap?

·
Premium Member
297 Posts
Very nice, can you give individual prices? For example, I already have upper fork tube covers and caps. I would just be interested in the lower cover.

Thanks,
Nick

·
Premium Member
483 Posts
I've never been around these before, so forgive my really stupid question please. But how do the lower covers work with the front suspension? Do the fork lowers slide up into these covers actually? Or where is the allowance for fork travel? Like I said, I know it's a stupid question, but the pics make it look like the lower cover fits just perfectly between the lower triple tree and the lower forks.

·
Premium Member
1,494 Posts
seperate prices also please .

·
Registered
507 Posts
I've never been around these before, so forgive my really stupid question please. But how do the lower covers work with the front suspension? Do the fork lowers slide up into these covers actually? Or where is the allowance for fork travel? Like I said, I know it's a stupid question, but the pics make it look like the lower cover fits just perfectly between the lower triple tree and the lower forks.
It looks like it slips over them, but I would be afraid of them binding up or hitting the fender. }:)

Lube it up, I guess.... };-)

They do look nice though.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Fork Cover kit

That looks very nice! I like the cap that goes on the top of the fork tube that really finishes off the look. Do you need to raise the fork tubes above the top clamp much to be able to use the top cap?
No need to raise the fork tubes, as long as your tubes are in the factory position you have no problem. The caps have set screws that secure onto the "hex" cap of the tube. Thanks. JC.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Fork cover kit

Very nice, can you give individual prices? For example, I already have upper fork tube covers and caps. I would just be interested in the lower cover.

Thanks,
Nick
Hello Nick,
I'm working on individual pricing, will post as soon as I get it figured out.
Thanks, JC.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Fork cover kit

Excellent question, the sliders do travel up into the covers, and there is NO problem with the fork travel. However, if using factory front fender, you do have to do some trimming on the sides of the fender to allow for the cover to travel. The clearance between the slider and the cover is tight but it doesn't rub. Thanks for your interest, JC.

·
Blackened
20 Posts
well I'm very interested!

Can you post an example pic of how the fender needs to be trimmed? And when you say 'tight', hopw tight? I'm thinking of the potential for dirt and things to get gummed up in there and cause friction, resistance, or worse.

Still, very intested, these look killer.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Fork cover kit

well I'm very interested!

Can you post an example pic of how the fender needs to be trimmed? And when you say 'tight', hopw tight? I'm thinking of the potential for dirt and things to get gummed up in there and cause friction, resistance, or worse.

Still, very intested, these look killer.
I should have the pictures of the trimmed stock front fender by today's end. As far as the clearance, this is not an issue, i mean a "tight fit" in the sense that it doesn't look overly bulky and ugly but rather streamlined and clean... nothing that will cause problems, unless you take yours off roading...lol,

·
day dreaming...
1,795 Posts
do you have separate pricing for the mid-section part, the one that goes between triple trees? thanks, and good job!

·
Ride safe!
680 Posts
looks great, very interested. My only concern is clearancing my fender, would it be possible to clearance the lower cover instead?

·
Registered
82 Posts
I am also interested if I can get them in black? If you had a pic of them in black it would be even sweeter let me know what I have to do to get these thanks

·
Life's good
677 Posts
Interested in black as well, glossy. I know, it may be a bit of work, but would you mind putting a vid on the installation, clearance, look etc together? That could really help clearing up some questions. Thanks!

1 - 20 of 94 Posts