Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 20 of 77 Posts

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm big into guns... I've got more guns than probably any member here. GA is an open carry state, I also have a CCW.

I carry just about everywhere I go, my preference is to carry my brushed Chrome Desert Eagle .50AE...

I know this sounds retarded, but I'd like find a way to mount a holster on the bike somehow... suggestions?

·
Friend of Max.
21,719 Posts
Does your riding position interfere with your holseter? I carry a .44 Mag S&W on my hip. I have been entertaining the idea of making a fork mounted long gun rack so I can ride to the gun club for skeet, or Sporting Clay's.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Riding position doesnt interfere... but my Joe Rocket mesh jacket is kinda tight and the DE is a huge pistol. Its the biggest and most powerful semi-auto pistol out there, and it weighs a ton. I've got to use a shoulder holster to carry it and even then, it hangs heavily on my left side.

Ideally, I dont think anybody makes one... but I'd like a plastic Fobus/Uncle Mikes/Blackhawk type formed holster and somehow mount it to the frame within reach. I've seen sportbike riders in past that had a smaller pistol like a glock mounted underneath their windscreen...

I havent really researched it, but thought maybe somehow using a video camera/gps type mount on the handle bars, that's why I'd need a hard plastic holster. I dont think it'd work with a soft nylon/cordura holster.

As I said, I dont think anyone makes a plastic holster for the DE, I've seen nylon and leather... my best bet might be to go with a combat thigh holster? If I get off the bike to gas up and go into the store to pay, I've got to take the pistol with me anyways.

One last thing, for those questioning "why" does anyone need to carry on a bike to begin with... I've had waterballons, bolts, cigarrettes, etc thrown at me when cycling on my road bike and my motorcyle... the bubbas up here in north georgia have no respect for 2 wheel vehicles. I have no desire to have a shoot out, but some of the ******** are just plain crazy and sometimes drive around with their case of bud on country roads just looking for trouble.

·
1130cc.comaholic
13,241 Posts
I've never seen how those frame bags mount to the frame but I'm guessing you could get something like that and fabricate a holdster to fit the same way :confused:

·
Damaged Goods.....
599 Posts
rjrivero said:
Does your riding position interfere with your holseter? I carry a .44 Mag S&W on my hip. I have been entertaining the idea of making a fork mounted long gun rack so I can ride to the gun club for skeet, or Sporting Clay's.
I just picture it now- the new RJ style Harley!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,535 Posts

·
Registered
359 Posts
I recently saw a guy in Colorado with a semi-auto mounted to the center of his bars( where the Vrod guages are). He was from Arizona I think. He said the holster was not custom made. A metal frame around a vinyl holster, then bolted to the top of the riser. Interesting. I'll have to find something like that.

·
Premium Member
1,513 Posts
You may want to consider what is going to happen if you crash with that 50 cal. It may end up doing quite a bit of damage to your body. I either use a belly pack to carry or put it in my boot.

·
Gone
9,302 Posts
I bought a Fobus paddle holster and snipped the ends off of the rivets that hold the paddle to the holster part and used just the plastic holster to hold a S&W J frame .38 special underneath the dash board of my truck so it's out of sight, probably wouldn't even be found if the truck was searched by a thief. I have it mounted upside down using the former rivet holes as bolt holes. I can pull the gun out while seated in the drivers seat. It retains the pistol fine, of course a .50 AE weighs a hell of a lot more. Remember those .50 bullets are made for big game hunting, watch your back stop if you have to ever actually use it, make sure there aren't any baby carriages behind the torso your about to blow in half.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Other suggestions: See if the manufacturer of the gun has a premade leather holster. It will be cheaper than having one made.
Go to the gun shows and bike rallys and look for leather vendors that do custom work. Contact your local bike club (we used to call them gangs) and see who they use for leather goods. Visit your local custom boot and belt makers. What you are looking for after you have the holster is someone to make the straps/belting to attach the holster to your bike. It would be best once you find the person that will make the attaching straps to attach the holster to the bike to take the bike for a "fitting". It is best to do the fitting at a time when the shop is not busy.....make an appointment for a week day.
I used to work for a leather shop that custom made things for people, belts, pants, shirts, chaps etc. I also did some holster straps. This is not cheap because it is time consuming for the craftsman. However, you will get a fit that works for you, the holster and the bike.

·
Premium Member
5,508 Posts
Maybe this is a dumb question, but I gotta ask. Why do you feel the need to carry a .50 caliber Desert Eagle? Worried about grizzly bears or something?

·
Darren
2,007 Posts
Oriondk said:
Maybe this is a dumb question, but I gotta ask. Why do you feel the need to carry a .50 caliber Desert Eagle? Worried about grizzly bears or something?

I'm sure it's the intimidation factor.

·
Registered
3,922 Posts
Oriondk said:
:them: ..........hell he should just mount an M60 between his bars.

·
Registered
49 Posts
You Americans frighten me ... hah

·
Registered
964 Posts
I am an american and he frightens me.

·
Registered
159 Posts
This is nothing, I once saw a guy who had a sidecar and in it was a rotary grenade launcher on a swivel....it fired "flares" but could easily fire 37mm nades had he wanted to. 8)

·
Premium Member
5,508 Posts
Sith1250 said:
This is nothing, I once saw a guy who had a sidecar and in it was a rotary grenade launcher on a swivel....it fired "flares" but could easily fire 37mm nades had he wanted to. 8)
In that case I need to figure out a way to mount one of these:

Attachments

·
Damaged Goods.....
599 Posts
Bring her with you instead!!!

Bring her with you instead- much more effective with two hand guns!

And some ask why Americans like guns so much- the proof is in the videos.......

Attachments

1 - 20 of 77 Posts