Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2013 the rod, night Rod special. Trying to figure out a way to stretch the foot controls forward approximately 3 inches, the writing position is just to bend at the knees. I’m approximately 6 foot tall. Anyone have any ideas I cannot seem to find any aftermarket kit that will extend the pegs and controls?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
forward foot controls

thanks for the link for altered state. I'm still trying to decide if i just need the foot pegs or do i also need some sort of kit to add the length to the brake and shifter? thanks
new vrod owner

·
Departed the Fix.
5,222 Posts
thanks for the link for altered state. I'm still trying to decide if i just need the foot pegs or do i also need some sort of kit to add the length to the brake and shifter? thanks
new vrod owner
I'd recommend discussing this with Keith (owner of Altered State Design) as he has experience in this area.

Imho, I think that if you're moving the pegs that far out, you'd almost have to move the shift/brake controls as well--otherwise the controls won't be in a very usable position. But that's simply my opinion.

Keith's stuff isn't exactly inexpensive, but it's well thought out and fixes the problem you're having. And it's VERY well made. I've talked to and emailed him several times when I had questions about his headlight mount (which I purchased)-- he was very knowledgable and explained the pro's/con's of the various options available on his site.

As I said, just my opinion, but I think it is a valid solution for your problem.

R.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.