Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Burn Baby Burn!!
700 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am using the Force map that Power Commander has on it' s web site. The bike seems to run like a banshee out of hell but MAN is there some decel popping to it. I would occasionaly get a pop or 2 from the vmod map with these but nothing like this. Anyone running a modified PCIII Force map without all the popping? If so which one are you using? I am considering having it dynoed but if anyone can help with this it would be much appreciated before I spend the bucks on a dyno. Figured I would ask the pros on here first.

·
VRF0RUMS ORIGINAL
5,763 Posts
Until you get it on a dyno. You could add 1-2% more fuel from around 6000rpm down to 1200 rpm @ 0% throttle. It'll help with the popping until then.:thumb:

·
Dilligaf
5,393 Posts
Post your map and we can check it out and maybe tweek it a bit.

·
VRF0RUMS ORIGINAL
5,763 Posts
KCK_Fireman said:
I am using the 024 map from the PC web site.
Here you go give this a try. I added 2% MORE fuel from 2000 rpm up to 6000 rpm @ 0% throttle position. Then, I again added 2% MORE fuel from 4000 rpm up to 5000 rpm @ 2% throttle position. This should knock some of the decel popping out.:D

Attachments

·
VRF0RUMS ORIGINAL
5,763 Posts
Spaz said:
If that still pops try this one. Also make sure you zero the throttle position.
View attachment 87244
Your right! If my change in the map dosen't suit him, yours will! Thats a lotta fuel down low.

·
Dilligaf
5,393 Posts
That's usually what it takes to stop the popping, it's either go that route or go -99 and completeley shut off all the fuel in the zero column.

·
Burn Baby Burn!!
700 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks very much guys! I am at the fire station today so I' ll have to try it out tomorrow. Man I love this forum! I did make sure I recalibrated the throttle before I installed the map, and I' ll do it again on this new one just to make sure. Thanks again.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts