Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, so I love this AW of mine and am adding/removing bits to personalize it for myself. One part that doesn't fit into what I see for my bike is this stock spoked wheel.

If someone out there has a slotted or reactor wheel (no solid disc please) with a near new tire (~600 mi), and would like to rock the spokes, I'm up for an even swap (bare in mind, I have ABS and want something that I would swap over without either or us incurring any cost other than shipping.

If you're up for the swap, let me know and shoot me a PM with pics...

(I read through the classified rules and didnt' see anything prohibiting For Trade ads, but if I'm breaking the rules here, someone please lock the thread.)

For reference, here's my wheel up for swap: (this wheel is in perfect condition with no curbing, pitting, scratches, etc. Any blems you might see in the pic is just a little grease and has been wiped off since.)

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
bump... ...anyone have any interest in a trade? How much is this damn wheel even worth in comparison to the disc or slotted disc.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yeah that one is real nice, and I highly doubt anyone would want to do a swap of a reactor with my spoked, but there's no harm in throwing it out there.

I'm honestly holding out for someone that's interested in an even swap with a slotted disc.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
upski for someone that might be looking for it.

Is there anyone out there that would take this wheel over the slotted disc?

·
Gone
9,302 Posts
I would. I already run the 40 spoke though. I'd trade up to the 40 spoke in a hurry if I had the slotted front and didn't want to pay for Muscle wheels, I'm really not a fan of slotted fronts.

You're problem is going to be to go to a slotted front on an 09 you're going to need the front from a DX which will need stripped and polished. Slotted fronts were never offered with ABS on anything except a DX and they're obviously powdercoated black. The axles and bearings are different starting in 2008, 2007 was the last year of polished slotted front wheels.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I would. I already run the 40 spoke though. I'd trade up to the 40 spoke in a hurry if I had the slotted front and didn't want to pay for Muscle wheels, I'm really not a fan of slotted fronts.

You're problem is going to be to go to a slotted front on an 09 you're going to need the front from a DX which will need stripped and polished. Slotted fronts were never offered with ABS on anything except a DX and they're obviously powdercoated black. The axles and bearings are different starting in 2008, 2007 was the last year of polished slotted front wheels.
I see said the blind man. ...ok, so I was correct in thinking that because I am ABS, I cannot just bolt up any front wheel from any V, it's got to be one with ABS?

What makes it different?

Oh and as for the Muscle wheels, of course I'd take up someone on the offer of a swap of that wheel too.

·
Gone
9,302 Posts
I see said the blind man. ...ok, so I was correct in thinking that because I am ABS, I cannot just bolt up any front wheel from any V, it's got to be one with ABS?

What makes it different?

Oh and as for the Muscle wheels, of course I'd take up someone on the offer of a swap of that wheel too.
I don't think it has to be from a bike that had ABS, just from a year that ABS was offered. Also I assume machining could be done to make just about anything work, but I'm not a guru on that stuff. I do know to make it a couple hour bolt on it needs to be an 08 and up wheel though, of which there is no such thing as slotted polished.

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
Actually the 07 wheel will fit fairly easily from what I understand but I am not sure about teh abs ring on how it is mounted. I know the part numbers for wheels are teh same but the bearings are different between abs and non abs bikes so I would assume that it is not to nbig a deal to convert over but I would bet my paycheck on it....

·
VROD JUNKIE
1,390 Posts
I have a slotted I would swap for spoked but I think the shipping either way would kill the deal unfortunately.

·
VROD JUNKIE
1,390 Posts
Hmm maybe we can hijack some low flying ducks and tie the wheels to them, with directions on where to go.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
still out here with this wheel. ...in case someone is looking for the swap.

If I'm not swapped out by the time the snow flies, I'm just going to bite the bullet and buy a slotted wheel setup for the front.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I'll trade you for my 06 slotted wheel, with rotors attached as the rotors are not the same. I'll trade for the entire wheel / tire / combo if you are willing to do the same.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Who can say for sure if axle diameter and bearing size is different between an 09 and an 06. I know the rotors are because the spoke wheel hub rotor bolt pattern is different. I want a spoked wheel. Isnt markmdz's 09 AW wheel the same as an 07 AW wheel?

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I'm really surprised to see your '06 with the Brembo brakes. I thought they were '08+ that had the Brembo's.

In any case, I'm pretty sure you have the metric axle instead of the older models with the 1" axle. I do have ABS, so even if the axle is correct, the bearings will not work. As you mentioned, the rotors are also different and specific to the wheel.

·
K.I.A. '07 AW
10,908 Posts
Who can say for sure if axle diameter and bearing size is different between an 09 and an 06. I know the rotors are because the spoke wheel hub rotor bolt pattern is different. I want a spoked wheel. Isnt markmdz's 09 AW wheel the same as an 07 AW wheel?
The PRE 2008's are 1" (25.4mm), 2008 and later are 25mm I believe.

·
Registered
28 Posts
The PRE 2008's are 1" (25.4mm), 2008 and later are 25mm I believe.
Im gonna do a research to find out. I want a spoked wheel on my bike for cosmetic and functional reasons. Putting the 240 wheel kit on my bike cost me plenty and I am looking to NOT have to spend big $$$$$$ to put a spoke wheel on the front. Thanx for responding.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts