Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
4,638 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just a note....
I took off Friday and rode down to Austin to have the Fuel Flange recall done ...The service manager was real nice it took about 15 min to take the tank Assembly out and he brought it over to me to show what the recall is all about...He showed me the line that could possibly come loose ...I reached up and pulled on the line and could not get it to pull off... So my question is this ...If I could not pull it off with quite a bit of effort why is there a recall....

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
I'm not sure if it's so much as the hose falling off as an issue with leaking around the joint causing low fuel pressure.

I have had the recall done, and didn't notice any change with my ride.

·
Registered
305 Posts
I had the recall done about a month ago and the change was very noticable. Prior to the recall I had starting problems, bike would momentarily stall when I got on the gas, and ran very rough. I initially thought it was damage from my wreck last. I hadn't noticed any problems really prior to the accident. It took them 6 weeks to get the bike back up and running. After a couple of days I noticed the performance problem. I had the recall done and now everything is great. Basically all the symptoms were due to the low fuel pressure. What's odd about the whole thing is that, watching the "threads" on this topic, is that the symptoms come on all of a sudden. My advice... don't wait. Just do it! Sooner or later you're probably going to experience it.

·
Registered
284 Posts
G'day Ricky.
I had mine done here in Oz last month, and was shown the parts. My line was loose, however in 7000kms, it only stalled twice. Happy to have it done either way though.
HOWEVER!!!
The bike stalled twice on me at low revs, or at idle within 5 minutes the other day. Makes you feel like a dick when people see you stall the bike through no fault of my own. :hmm:
Starts right up though, so when I take it in next week for the 8000km service, I'll let them know. :spank:

Best wishes mate.

Ken.

·
Registered
367 Posts
Ken,
Please keep us updated as my wifes' bike and mine are in for the recall. She really has a problem with hers' stalling once in awhile. The dealer said the recall '' SHOULD '' fix the stalling problem.
Doug

·
DX Rider
630 Posts
Haven't had mine done yet as I continue to wait for the call. Still, I'm in no rush... no stalls, no hesitations, no problems.

·
Have Gun Will Travel
1,008 Posts
I had it done and can't tell a difference in performance. The one big change now is that I will not go back to my local dealership. They gave me a hard time telling me that the bike was not covered. When I brought the letter in, they told me that everyone got one and that it still might not apply to my bike. I got a long story about how they had fax'ed Harley and confirmed that it was not under recall.

Then I got a call a week later and it had been repaired. Sure sounds like it would have been easier to just do it rather than dancing around the issue. Yes, the bike is a 2003 and should have been covered....but with less hassle.

·
Avenger Hawk
635 Posts
Made all the difference in the world for me. Before the recall, it was constantly stalling at idle. During my 1st service it gave the dealer an idle trouble code but they were not able to fix it so they didn't charge me for labor. I received the letter from HD the following week, scheduled the recall appt. and it is a totally new ride now. No more embarassing stalls.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Recall?

I have not heard anything about this recal until. I Bought my bike in 2002 and was wondering if this applies to all the V-Rods? :hmm:

·
Registered
284 Posts
pintvrod said:
Ken,
Please keep us updated as my wifes' bike and mine are in for the recall. She really has a problem with hers' stalling once in awhile. The dealer said the recall '' SHOULD '' fix the stalling problem.
Doug
Had the 8000km service the other day.
Nothing came up on either the scanalyser or Digitech lap top system.
My dealer tech (a bloody nice bloke) contacted the Queensland distributor, who suggested it may be due to the Power Commander map being a bit too lean in the low rev range and causing the bike to stall at a certain setting.
Don't think this would be the case, as it was a good map, how ever I'll keep an open mind.
So far, no other incidents of stalling apart from the first two following the up grade.
Fingers crossed!

Best wishes.

Ken.
:ride:

·
Registered
555 Posts
I believe this recall is for JUST 03 and 04 models..

rkw3471 said:
I have not heard anything about this recal until. I Bought my bike in 2002 and was wondering if this applies to all the V-Rods? :hmm:

·
4,638 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
larry273 said:
I had it done and can't tell a difference in performance. The one big change now is that I will not go back to my local dealership. They gave me a hard time telling me that the bike was not covered. When I brought the letter in, they told me that everyone got one and that it still might not apply to my bike. I got a long story about how they had fax'ed Harley and confirmed that it was not under recall.

Then I got a call a week later and it had been repaired. Sure sounds like it would have been easier to just do it rather than dancing around the issue. Yes, the bike is a 2003 and should have been covered....but with less hassle.
Great Customer Training ... :spank:

·
speeding safely
499 Posts
Gee. As much as I try and avoid my stealer- at least he did the FF recall in 1/2 hour, while I waited, no questions asked. Being without my bike for a week just for that seems ludicrous.

In fact, even when I told tbe service manager that I wasn't experiencing any problem, he encouraged me to have it done, saying that if the flange and the tube haven't separated and started sucking air yet, they eventually would.

Larry- there is no 'performance improvement' to be expected, unless the interface has already failed.

·
Registered
21 Posts
i did the recall myself....it's not the hose, it's the fitting.....my bike was really bad, missing, stalling, etc., has been perfect since i fixed it.....it's an extremely easy fix, just need a tap, fitting, and a way to get the flange off....

1 - 15 of 15 Posts