Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
661 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
SOLD---->Hi, for sale: a slightly used Touring windshield HD part #57211-05, (msrp $414.95), this does not leave any hardware behind and mounts on and off in seconds using 4 chrome clamps that mounts to the fork tubes. (see pics)...Only used less than 200 miles, still in like new condition with very tiny scuff marks, not really noticeable. The windshield bag is HD part#58909-05(msrp$79.95) which I found out after I bought it -was not made for this particular windshield, the holes did not line up , so I had to slightly modify the mounting bracket (of the w/s bag) for it to work. Anyway, overall the winshield is 9.5 out of 10 and will be sold as is, the chrome clamps are still very shiny and no cracks or big line scratches on the windshield itself. I'm only asking $280 shipped to con US. It will be shipped in it's original box. Pls. send paypal payment only to: [email protected], If you're in doubt you can ask me about my ebay account, I have about 398 all positive feedbacks, and also had a few positive transactions with a couple of people here in the forum. Thanks.:)
Note: only the windshield and w/s bag is for sale.

From the HD website:
Fits '02-later VRSCA, '04-'05 VRSCB, and '07 VRSCX models. '05 VRSCB models require separate purchase of Headlamp Visor P/N 67750-88T and Visor Screw P/N 3383. Windshield dimesnions: Overall height 27.4"; height above headlamp 23.6"; width 23".

Clear

MSRP US $414.95

·
OH MY V-ROD!
89 Posts
windshield

Wow! everyone must be sleeping on this one. I have the same windshield and bags that cost alot more money than what he is selling his for. Got any other good deals, how bout that gps and mounting bracket.

·
Ducking for cover!
8,455 Posts
Is that a headstone in your yard?

·
Premium Member
1,601 Posts
I have wanted one for some time now . I have never seen one mounted and would like to know if it's absolutely a must that the directionals be lowered from the handlebars or could they remain there ? If so what does the relocation require?

·
Registered
661 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
TexasV-Rod said:
Is that a headstone in your yard?
LoL, it's a mini waterfall -garden decor, my neighbor's side.

·
Registered
661 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
original owner said:
I have wanted one for some time now . I have never seen one mounted and would like to know if it's absolutely a must that the directionals be lowered from the handlebars or could they remain there ? If so what does the relocation require?
If you're not going to use it permanently, you can leave the turnsignals where it is, I've tried them on without relocating and got very minimal glare at night. I run it (like in the above pic) with my auxiliary lights on, very minimal light reflected back at you not enough to cause any annoying glare. But if you want to relocate the turnsignals go with HD part number:57205-05

link to HD turn signal reloc kit:
http://www.harley-davidson.com/gma/gma_product.jsp?PRODUCT%3C%3Eprd_id=845524448765788&FOLDER%3C%3Efolder_id=2534374302514675&ASSORTMENT%3C%3East_id=2534374302514675&bmUID=1189623684490&bmLocale=en_US

·
OH MY V-ROD!
89 Posts
windshield

Yea, it would be best to relocate the signal lights, but mine were already relocated when I bought the bike new. Anyway, I think your bike looks great with the windshield, and also protects the gps and whever else you have on the bars. Its not too late to change your mind. Oh, and I had the same problem mounting the bags on the windshield bar too.

·
Color me Gone
27,333 Posts
I have been wanting one of the quick connects like this for a long time, just wish I knew if it would clear my bars. I had a chance to try one Sunday but Greg had a custom piece of glass so I wouldn't have known for sure.

·
Registered
661 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Pm reply sent...Thanks guys.
Anyway, originalowner has the first crack at it...anyway, I just rechecked the entire windshield, the scuffmarks I mentioned was'nt really scuffmarks (more like bug splatter...lol) and was able to clean it...the windshield is in great shape. If I did'nt need the money, I would'nt sell it right now.

·
Registered
661 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Max said:
I have been wanting one of the quick connects like this for a long time, just wish I knew if it would clear my bars. I had a chance to try one Sunday but Greg had a custom piece of glass so I wouldn't have known for sure.
Max, if it helps, there's approx 3" inches of space between the windshield and the stock handlebars.:)

·
Color me Gone
27,333 Posts
knightenforcer said:
Max, if it helps, there's approx 3" inches of space between the windshield and the stock handlebars.:)

Thats what I was afraid of, my bars are almost flat across the tree while the stock bars angle back a great deal. I'm afraid I would probably have to buy a stock one and get a custom piece of glass made for it. Thanks

·
Registered
661 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Original owner, I just sent you a pm, with my tel number. Windshield is SOLD pending funds. Thanks Guys!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts