Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Ironbutt
886 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought this set of covers for the top of Progressive shocks from mtalmer (v-twinforum.com). It includes the correct length spacer with O-rings (holds the covers on tight without any hardware) and cover. The pieces are billet machined 6061 aluminum.
I bought them becauce I thought the progressive shocks didn't look finished off and it covers the shock mounting bolt.
I got these Chromed. During the chroming process, I decided to go with the Smooth Bore Custom Air Shocks. Now I have these beautifully chromed Shock Eye Covers, Billet aluminum spacers and o-rings. They are useless to me and I would like to sell them for what I have in them. Re-read throught his thread and you will see many possitive comments regarding Mtalmer's product. It definetly helps the smooth lines of the v-rod. These are brand new and unused. They were Chromed at a highend professional Chromer. I sent them to Chopper Steve @v-mod.com (mainstreet Motorcycles) to get chromed by his chromer. PLease feel free to asked questions, PM me if you are interested.

Here is the thread link http://205.214.91.71/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=15191

Attachments

·
Ironbutt
886 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Here is another photo that Mtalmer took

Attachments

·
Ironbutt
886 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Here is a photo of the correct spacers made of 6061 billet aluminum and o-rings

Attachments

·
Ironbutt
886 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Here is a shot with both shock covers from the rear.

Attachments

·
Craig Fehr
2,506 Posts
I agree with vrsc, these do look great with the Progressive shocks. I have these same covers and can vouch for how good they look.

Craig

·
Ironbutt
886 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Price Reduced, please PM if interested

·
Ironbutt
886 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
My PM box is cleaned out now. Price has been reduced and I will include free shipping. With 143 views, someone must be interested??? PM me if interested.

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
For Sale- Chrome Shock Eye Covers, Billet Spacers and O-rings for Progressive Shocks

I just picked up a set of Progressive 440's and Im having issues with spacing and clearance. Searching through the posts I found this one, this is exactely what I'm looking for and wish to purchase them. I know this is an old post so I dont expect them to around or still available. Does anyone know of an alternate solution or another place of purchase. Im having no luck.
I also contacted orginator of post , no feedback yet. :helpme:

·
Registered
140 Posts
Me to

I would be interested as well

·
Registered
203 Posts
I would be interested in a set too!!!!

·
Ironbutt
886 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Sorry Fellas the have long been sold. I purchased them from Mark Talmer over on the VTF forum. The best way to get ahold of him would be to click on the link (to the VTF forum) in my first post and then PM him. The last time he was on the VTF forum was 4-21-04. I am not sure if he is a member here but those covers are first class. I hope helped.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts