Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
backdraft
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For Sale: 2006 Cobalt Blue VRSCA lots of mods, 20,000 miles. $10,000 OBO

I am looking to sell my 2006 Harley Davidson VRSCA VROD. It is Cobalt Blue, and has 20,000 Miles on it. Just about all the chrome that could be added to this bike has been, most parts are no longer factory. Bike Looks and runs great, nothing but premium gas in the tank, and regular oil changes. Bike has only been laid down once at very low speed, only damage is minor scratches to the bottom of exhaust and engine guard. The only noticable problem with the bike is that I have had problems with the black plastic coating on the brake fluid resevoir peeling. Here is a list of some of the cusomization I have done to this bike, though I am sure ill forget some.

Chrome Stilleto front axel covers
Wire Mesh Air intake protector
Relocated and changed chrome front turn signals
Oval Chrome Mirrors
Chrome Switch housing, and switch Covers
Stilleto Chrome Flame Hand Grips, Foot Pegs, and Shifter knob
HID High and Lobeam Headlight bulbs.
High Flow K&N Air Filter
Leather Sundowner Touring Seat with VROD embrodered into seat
Chrome Low Profile Passenger Back Rest
Chrome Engine Guard (Crash Bar)
Upper and Lower Chrome Belt Cover
Both side Chrome gas tank covers
Chrome Rear Axel Covers
Relocated and Changed Rear Turn Signals
Chopped Rear Fender
Relocated Custom License Plate Bracket
LED Tail Light
Run/Turn signal/Brake light Module
Professionaly modified exhaust, Stock system has had the Inner Baffel cut out with Plasma Cutter. Exhaust has stock appearance with great sound.
BLUE underglo LED lighting gives bike Show Quality look even at night.
Bike has stock security system that is activated by Key fob.

Im sure there is more but this gives you a good idea, I am asking $10,000 for the bike but am willing to hear all reasonable offers.

Attachments

·
REVOLUTION !!!
21,401 Posts
Yes, nice looking ride but unfortunately overpriced by around $3000 especially with that mnay miles...

·
backdraft
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Justifacation for pricing

Kelly blue book Retail Sale price for the bike lists at $10,000
The milage is actually just slightly below the "anticipated Milage"
and that would be for a stock bike not with the additions ive made

·
Premium Member
3,516 Posts
Justifacation for pricing

Kelly blue book Retail Sale price for the bike lists at $10,000
The milage is actually just slightly below the "anticipated Milage"
and that would be for a stock bike not with the additions ive made
You logic make sense, I just do not think it will work in this economy. For example we just bought my girls bike, 06 pretty much stock, wich was a plus in my book for under ten and it had 2,000 miles on it.

Times are a little tough right now for selling.

·
Registered
98 Posts
I bought an 06 Cobalt Blue with Silver stripe back in March for $9,000. It had Sundowner seat, $1,000 worth of V&H pipes and Fuelpak setup, and with only 3,900 mi.

I sold it to my brother without the Sundowner seat last month with 4,800 mi for $8,800.

I only sold it because I bought an 2005 VRSCSE Screaming Eagle with hard bags, windshield and with only 887 mi on it for $12,900. It's a great time for buyers and not so much for sellers.

We're a couple of happy V Rod owners and plan on keeping them for a long time.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Thoughts on my price for the bike?
I don't know where Goose Creek South is, but near Boston this is a more typical price for that mileage: http://boston.craigslist.org/gbs/mcy/2013655003.html

There have been several that appeared in good shape with 10-15k miles *asking* $6500-$6800. There's a few with <1500 miles asking $7500-$8500. KBB is way, way, off. Most buyers won't give you much for what you've added to the bike; many are looking for a stock bike to customize the way they want or at least want the take off parts included.

Good luck.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts