Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Crash Bandacoot
1,431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This weekend I'm planning on doing "stuff" to my B
Got a new set of Screamin' Beagle slip-ons and Hi-flow air filter < I guess its technically called a stage one kit now?> :D
I purchased a Power Commander and just waiting for it to come in the mail..now here comes part one of the tech-know stuff.
Does the PC stay permenently wired into the bike,or is it just used to load info into the ECM,and then can be removed for future upgrades?

I'll be installing a chrome swingarm and belt gaurds.seeing how I don't have a service manual yet, I was wondering how does one go about adjusting the drive belt without a proper tension checking device,whats the general rule of thumb on adjustment? Wish I had gotten a Rick's tank now,seeing how the back end will be removed.

Thanks for any info..
Jim

·
just a ghost now
2,719 Posts
The PC plugs into the wiring harness in and out of ECM, modifying injector and timing settings after the ECM. Doesn't load or modify anything in the ECM. You remove the PC and you resort back to original stock map data. The PC stays on the bike in order to provide non stock injector timings, ect. Plug and play, no wiring or ECM modification/impact.

·
Premium Member
Pan American Son of VROD :-)
1,093 Posts
General rule of thumb test on the belt is to grab lower belt near the mid point and twist it. It should be tough to get it to vertical.

·
Banned
14,891 Posts
XvtxCrewzr said:
This weekend I'm planning on doing "stuff" to my B
Got a new set of Screamin' Beagle slip-ons and Hi-flow air filter < I guess its technically called a stage one kit now?> :D
I purchased a Power Commander and just waiting for it to come in the mail..now here comes part one of the tech-know stuff.
Does the PC stay permenently wired into the bike,or is it just used to load info into the ECM,and then can be removed for future upgrades?

I'll be installing a chrome swingarm and belt gaurds.seeing how I don't have a service manual yet, I was wondering how does one go about adjusting the drive belt without a proper tension checking device,whats the general rule of thumb on adjustment? Wish I had gotten a Rick's tank now,seeing how the back end will be removed.
Thanks for any info..

yes the pc ends up a peripheral part of the computer system.
Is your pc coming with a stage one map already downloaded?

·
Crash Bandacoot
1,431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
traktime said:
yes the pc ends up a peripheral part of the computer system.
Is your pc coming with a stage one map already downloaded?
No, I will have to reconfigure the configuration :bash: myself.. the HD tech told me all a stage one setup is exhaust and airfilter change

1 - 5 of 5 Posts