Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Ghost Rider
533 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Gents (and ladies),

I think the MoCo let us down by installing the cheap looking pegs. I want some better ones now!

I like the SAC ones but believe the Kuryakin switchblades are probably more practical yet still look "customized". Are there any "matching" Kuryakin passenger pegs?

Any other suggestions?

I like the RC Blockers (see pic) but was told they don't fit the VRod (any info on this out there?).

Attachments

·
Geezer
13,343 Posts
I mounted the switchblades this week. I have kuraykin mini boards for the passenger with Choppersteve's peg extenders. Someone has mounted switchblades reversed for the passenger!

I also, after much trial and error, found a placement for the hiway pegs that doesn't stick out too far, and still allows my leg muscles relief on a long ride. I also fornd a use fore the Kuraykin extenders that didn't work in the rear. A little busy, I know, but it works.

http://66.17.131.140/forum/showthread.php?threadid=1498
A true geezer glide setup, I guess.

·
Geezer
13,343 Posts
Here are the mini boards:

Attachments

·
Geezer
13,343 Posts
Getting packed. Made a couple of adjustments after the long ride yesterday. I angled the passsenger mini boards as far down in the front as they would go, and now I can put my feet on them, (sort of cafe style). Every different leg position available is important. Also discovered that I can pull the switchblades up with my toe, and stretch my leg fully with the boot on the bottom of the engine guard.
The bike is loaded, but stable. And I have a tent, bag, etc for the campground. I even found a waterproof case for my PDA/GPS (it is tied, and belted to the bike) I may leave Tuesday to beat the expected Wed rain. I may also trail the bike as far as New Orleans, but will ride it the rest of the way, weather be damned.
Picked up the t-shirt from Max this morning (Jeannie's new yellow Honda sure is beaut!). He also had some V-Rod, and v-rodforum stickers. Very cool. Looking forward to seeing everyone Friday.

Attachments

1 - 4 of 4 Posts