Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I just purchased the passenger footpeg brackets for my VRSCR. Since when I bought it, it was void of the passenger set up. So now that I have the brackets, what type of footpegs can I mount to it?
Can I use the OEM footpegs from the driver's and put them for the passenger?

any recommendations?

·
Premium Member
9,332 Posts
So, I just purchased the passenger footpeg brackets for my VRSCR. Since when I bought it, it was void of the passenger set up. So now that I have the brackets, what type of footpegs can I mount to it?
Can I use the OEM footpegs from the driver's and put them for the passenger?

any recommendations?
Buy a Parts Manual. The Parts Manual is your friend.

The passenger and rider pegs are different. The former are spring loaded while the passenger pegs are not, and they both mount differently as a result.

·
NSFW
1,983 Posts
I had the Kuryakyn "wings" on the passenger mounts for a while. It's a tall step up there and I thought it would be more stable.

·
Registered
655 Posts
I have no name fixed extended pegs that match the chrome arlen ness pegs pegs on my bike.If the brackets are long enough to hit the back of your knees do yourself a favor and find away to get pegs that will swing out of the way when riding solo.

·
Locktite Queen
2,037 Posts
Buy a Parts Manual. The Parts Manual is your friend.

The passenger and rider pegs are different. The former are spring loaded while the passenger pegs are not, and they both mount differently as a result.
Hey Philthy,

Your post was confusing to me as I have 09 DX pegs on my R front and rear. I think you got this mixed up or something changed after 06. The only difference I can see in my parts manual is the pegs are specific to the left or right side, not passenger and rider. Like I said, I currently have 09 DX pegs on my passenger mounting brackets and they are sboth pring loaded as well. I keep them flipped up when riding solo.

Where did you find this info sir?

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hey Philthy,

Your post was confusing to me as I have 09 DX pegs on my R front and rear. I think you got this mixed up or something changed after 06. The only difference I can see in my parts manual is the pegs are specific to the left or right side, not passenger and rider. Like I said, I currently have 09 DX pegs on my passenger mounting brackets and they are sboth pring loaded as well. I keep them flipped up when riding solo.

Where did you find this info sir?
Dancing Dogs-

You are a lifesaver!! Ordering the 09 DX pegs today! Thank you

1 - 8 of 8 Posts