Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, it a basic question but I'd rather ask than cause a problem for myself. I'm trying to remove the foot peg on the brake side of the bike. I took the pin out of stud conected to the upper assembly of the brake master cylinder but can's seem to get the stud to slide out. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I forgot to mention I had removed the allen head bolt if that's the one, is there another?

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
With a little effort, the peg came out. I see I didn't need to remove the pin from the brake pedal itself, all I was trying to do was remove the foot peg. I have had a problem several times with grime or something of the nature building up and causing the shifter pedal to not move freely, actually have to move it up and down with my foot. Once I remove, clean and grease it everything works fine. I have to do this one a year. This has happened once with the brake pedal but I was on the way to the shop and had them clean/grease the brake pedal peg while doing other work. I rode the bike to the Florida last week and for the most part only had a front brake, the rear had no movement, When I got it off just a few minutes ago I noticed severe pitting in the spot on the peg the pedal assembly rides on. Would it hurt to take some fine sandpaper, like body shops use and smooth out what I can then coat it with grease and give it a try or do yo think the problem will reoccur and a new peg is in order?

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It worked. Thanks for the help.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts