Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Need a little help guys. I have a 2011 DX, I currently have the black diamond foot pegs on my bike. Starting to realize they aren't the most comfortable on longer rides and seems my foot wants to vibrate off every once in a while. I'm looking into new options and here is what I have so far:

Kuryakyn Dually Trident foot peg HERE

and

Joker Machine long serrated HERE

Anyone run either of these? pros/cons or recommendations on others?

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
I tried several different pegs in the past. and still had the problem of no where else to move my feet. After a 450 mile day, it was just plain miserable. I ended up going with full adjustable ISO Floorboards from Drag Specialties. They fit in the stock foot peg clevis and are adjustable forward and backward, along with the tilt being adjustable so you can put it where you want it to make it fit you. The dog bones showed in the pic doesn't need to be used. Now I can move my legs around from a mid position to a forward stance and the rear brake pedal now feels in a normal position rather than pulling my right foot back to get to the rear pedal.

http://www.dragspecialties.com/products/?productId=244636

·
Registered
5,241 Posts
I run the Kury iso grips and pegs. Both good and practical. Can't say I've even noticed vibes, especially on the pegs.
Ron

·
Premium Member
11,390 Posts
CycleVisions has a floor board mounting kit that I have used with success. Here is a LINK. Scroll down a bit in the web page to product CV6100 or CV6101. Install was bit challenging since you have to remove two bolts holding the frame together.
'
You will need to purchase the actual floor boards but anyone that fits any Harley will work. Apparently Harley has not changed the design and mounting requirements of their floor boards since 1942.
'
As for a heel shifter I just got a piece of heavy metal and screwed it to the existing shifter peg. Looks kind of ratty but it works for now. Need to find a machine shop to make something that looks a bit sexy.
'
Sorry if the pics look kinda of ratty. Bike hasn't been washed recently.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,983 Posts
I make a bunch of different extended controls, one with heel shifter as well. A lot of the time, depending on how tall you are, your foot slides off because your knee is so bent it hits the frame and it pushes you legs out. Extend the peg and this is a lot less of an issue. https://www.alteredstatedesign.net/

-Keith

·
V's and Z's
4,093 Posts
CycleVisions has a floor board mounting kit that I have used with success. Here is a LINK. Scroll down a bit in the web page to product CV6100 or CV6101. Install was bit challenging since you have to remove two bolts holding the frame together.
'
You will need to purchase the actual floor boards but anyone that fits any Harley will work. Apparently Harley has not changed the design and mounting requirements of their floor boards since 1942.
'
As for a heel shifter I just got a piece of heavy metal and screwed it to the existing shifter peg. Looks kind of ratty but it works for now. Need to find a machine shop to make something that looks a bit sexy.
'
Sorry if the pics look kinda of ratty. Bike hasn't been washed recently.
These look like mine. I remember when I installed my "Powerline" exhaust, I had to use a bike lift to get the bolt holes on the frame sections to line up. I really like them because I can stretch out or tuck, and I can stand while crossing bumps.

·
Premium Member
11,390 Posts
These look like mine. I remember when I installed my "Powerline" exhaust, I had to use a bike lift to get the bolt holes on the frame sections to line up. I really like them because I can stretch out or tuck, and I can stand while crossing bumps.

I had a problem aligning the bolts also. I put a jack under the motor and loosened the other two bolts on the frame rail and managed to get the two loose ones properly threaded. A bit of a challenge but not hard once you figure it out. Just have patience and it will work out.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts