Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wanting to switch out my stock foot controls for a black setup. Does anyone have any advice on where to get a set of black foot control? New to Harley so I apologize for the vagueness of the description.

·
Departed the Fix.
5,222 Posts
Take your foot controls off, remove the bushings (you'll probably destroy them, but they're a $15 part if you don't get lucky), get your controls powder coated with a nice hard black, reinstall the bushings, and then put the foot controls back on your bike.

That's what I did. I couldn't find any black ones I liked the look of and didn't feel like cutting/welding off the flat of the brake lever and installing a different foot control.

Easy peasy and cost effective.

R.

·
VRSCF
1,299 Posts
exactly as above . About 5 years ago I wanted my controls black and the OE black parts were £300 a pair.

SO I just took the originals off, and along with a few other parts, sent them to be powder coated. They still look like new now 5 years and 30k miles later.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.