Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Custom pegs

I made longer pegs for my 2012 Night Rod. I used 1-3/4 chromolly tube 5 inchs long and welded a thick washer to the end. I found chrome plugs for the hole in the washer and black grip tape so your feet dont slide around. I welded the pipe right to the stock pegs so they still bend back if needed and can be taken off or swapped like stock. Made a huge differance the stock pegs where way to small for me. I where 12w boots my right leg would get cramped on long rides because I could not move my foot or leg with out getting to close to exhaust or falling off peg lol.

Attachments

·
Registered
15 Posts
i do not understand why every single v rod has tiny little mickey mouse pegs. i totally am going to make my own like you did. i have billet style which look cool and are slightly larger than factory yet i still am not comfortable.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I wound up buying a larger set of HD front pegs chrome with flat oval shaped rubber foot area. they work great. i no long am constantly looking for grip.

·
Premium Member
102 Posts
I just recently flipped the pegs on my '14 F and it totally changed the ride. I now place more weight on the pegs, it shifted my whole body angle forward too. It handles better with me better positioned on it.

They are closer to the ground. I ground down my boot heel & took some steel off my pegs first couple of rides but I wish I'd done it sooner.

Seems like it added almost 3 inches.

It was pretty easy to do, I had to grind out the quarter inch sized stop which prevents the front pegs from folding 90 degrees, find a QUALITY snap ring tool, and trim an inch off the shift linkage but those are the only challenges. I may drill a new position in the brake linkage shaft later too, it's not too bad.

Anyone over 6 ft might consider this. I am 6'4" and I have quit looking for extended reach foot peg solutions now. Yeah, I could use a little more but this is fine and it has a simple look. Some of the more extended solutions need a lot of engineering and start looking like they would be clunky looking when installed.

·
Registered
68 Posts
GR Customs shifter rod

Ghostrider Customs is now selling a shorter shifter rod for people that have switched their footpegs around on the 2012 and up vrods to get the linkage in the correct position.

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
1 - 10 of 10 Posts