Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
The Young One...
2,585 Posts
very nice....I upgraded my rear rotor to the muscle one too. because i feel the stock one doesnt fit well IMHO

·
Friend of Max.
21,715 Posts
Brian, what did you do with the rear wheel axle/bearing assembly to make it fit?

·
Premium Member
6,337 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Brian, what did you do with the rear wheel axle/bearing assembly to make it fit?
RJ
To be completely honest this was a straight un-bolt my Buell wheel set up, remove swing arm, and then install '07 or later swing arm and bolt everything else right back up. I was really easy since it was stock parts. We did rainbow the inner fender. Also, non-ABS bearings were used.

We found on the '07 and later bikes that the small spacer has to go on the left and the big spacer has to go on the right. Hope that answers your question.

·
Friend of Max.
21,715 Posts
RJ
To be completely honest this was a straight un-bolt my Buell wheel set up, remove swing arm, and then install '07 or later swing arm and bolt everything else right back up. I was really easy since it was stock parts. We did rainbow the inner fender. Also, non-ABS bearings were used.

We found on the '07 and later bikes that the small spacer has to go on the left and the big spacer has to go on the right. Hope that answers your question.
That's probably the easiest way to do it......

·
Bone Stock B Model
8,639 Posts
I have to say I'm very impressed with how the bike still handles and rides. I normally don't like how the 240 makes a bike handle, but on the R with this setup its very nice.

·
Jeff/Modistrator
6,136 Posts
Looks good Brian. :thumb:

·
Killer Service Inc.
8,929 Posts
That looks really good on your ride.
What belt did you use? Are you using your stock front pulley?

·
drag racer
6,699 Posts
looks good, what pipe is that you got on that thang, that shit looks great.

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
So, Going from a Stock 2006R to this, I would need a 2007 Swing Arm. F Wheels and Tires, F Rotor, Stock Calipers would be fine right?

How about Pulley, Belt, Axle, Spacers? Basically I need to build a shopping list. Your pics sold me I want mine to have those wheels.

Mike

·
The Young One...
2,585 Posts
stock 2006 rotor should work but the stock f looks better

·
Premium Member
6,337 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
That looks really good on your ride.
What belt did you use? Are you using your stock front pulley?
Stock belt off of a 2007 or later V-Rod. I used all stock parts basically from 2007 or later Rods. You have to get an offset front pulley since you changed all the spacing in the rear for the wider tire and swing arm.

So, Going from a Stock 2006R to this, I would need a 2007 Swing Arm. F Wheels and Tires, F Rotor, Stock Calipers would be fine right?

How about Pulley, Belt, Axle, Spacers? Basically I need to build a shopping list. Your pics sold me I want mine to have those wheels.

Mike
F wheels or DX wheels(MAKE SURE YOU GET NON-ABS) depending on what weight you want, an '07 or later swing arm, your '06 rotors work, but the new rotors are floating rotors, you can use your stock calipers, although I suggest going to an '07 or later one that is 2 piece(makes life 100% easier), a stock rear pulley off an '07 or later V-Rod, '07 later narrow belt, '07 later rear axle, stock rear spacers from an '07 later V-Rod(narrow spacer on left, large spacer on right,

I will take some better pics, these were from my cell

·
Premium Member
10,796 Posts
Looks great, Brian! Good job! Joe

·
Vendor
5,940 Posts
You really F'ed up that R! Looks really good nice work you and smoothie did a knock out job.....as usual!

·
Premium Member
2,002 Posts
Looks good Brian. I like the looks of these wheels better than the Buell wheels on the R. I like the way the 240 fills up the rear fender and I like the larger diameter front wheel with the R front end. Did you have to do a lot of surgery on the inner fender?
Dale

1 - 20 of 60 Posts