Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
beer me
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone install the FMF Apex exhaust used on the Buell 1125r to a Vrscr? The pipe looks and sounds great on the Buell. The muffler looks fairly universal however it looks like the bracket and lead pipe would need some mods. I'm just wondering if anyone has done this so I could see some pictures. I stumbled across one of these from a 09 Buell that was laid down.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
10,800 Posts
Steve, PM joseph3dogs. He has a "Y" pipe that will marry that muffer to your stock headers. I know, I gave it to him! He wants your V&H pipe. Look in "joe's looooooong muffler" thread to see a picture. Joe

·
Premium Member
10,800 Posts
should work - I just measured mine. Joe

·
beer me
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I no longer have the stock set up. The V&H is a complete muffler assembly. I'm thinking I may have to fab a complete pipe somehow. With little response here I'm starting to think no one has tried this yet.

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
I doubt anyone has done this as just the slip on muffler from them is around $500. Since if you look around that is close to what whole systems can go for when you wait for it. I would be highly interested in the sound once done but 500 for a slip on is a little expensive to experiment with... now if you got a great deal from a wreck that is a different story, I would have been all over like you were.

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
PS I would see about just attaching it in place of the VandH muffler you currently have using the VandH head pipe as your two into one piece.

·
Registered
99 Posts
I no longer have the stock set up. The V&H is a complete muffler assembly. I'm thinking I may have to fab a complete pipe somehow. With little response here I'm starting to think no one has tried this yet.
You should be able to get some pieces on ebay to make it work. I believe the header pipes from any year/model vrod would work and then fabricate a Y piece to connect them to the muffler. You could then go with a brushed chrome finish or go black which would look pretty kick-ass (there's too much chrome on the R in my opinion)!

If you get it done and want to sell the V&H, let me know.
Good luck on your project!

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
He already has most of the pieces to make it work with the V&H system he has. Do a search for Hermaphrodite Exhaust. Mwdhand has already put a different muffler on the V&H head pipes. You will have to cut the FMF muffler loose from the head pipes it is attached to but all in all not to big a deal. Link to one of MWD threads

·
beer me
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'll have to try what shaggy sugested and hold the thing up to my V&H and just see where things sit. I got the pipe for free so at this point I don;t mind getting a bit creative. This thing roars on the Buell which I think is almost the same as the 1130. Some type of Y-pipe would have to be fab'd you're probly rite. When I get home tonite I have to do some measuring. and maybe take some more pix.

·
Banned
2,209 Posts
I'd be curious as to how you'd remap/emulate for this. I'm sure there's no SERT maps made for the FMF. Buell doesn't use a fueler, I have a buddy running this slip on and he didn't have to remap his Buell at all.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts