Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was able to use my old dog ass and two 9.5 led strips to make my own flush mount blinkers. I cut the bottom of the dog ass off to leave a nice flat edge around. Then i took some sand paper and roughed up the edge a little and cleaned the LED and remaining DA with alcohol and used two sided tape to attach. Then all you have to do is splice into you current blinker wires and hit the button. total cost was $24 for the LEDs

Attachments

·
Registered
661 Posts
did you have to use a load equalizer for the leds to work?

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
no i bought them but didnt need them they work insinc with the front and with the signal in the tail light.

·
Registered
661 Posts
good to know, thanks...nice set up btw.

·
That U in my mirror?
1,511 Posts
Nice job. I did a simialr thing earlier this year.

On another note; I was talking to Dave @ Custom Dynamics and he noted that they are in the process of making a turn signal array for our VROD's which should be available this fall. They already have similar units for other non HD bikes on the website.
http://www.customdynamics.com/led_turn_signal_array.htm

This is good since I don't want to take off the OEM chrome taillight bracket and put it on my newly painted fender when it arrives from JE Illusions.

·
Will Work For Mod $$
2,866 Posts
tray said:
Nice job. I did a simialr thing earlier this year.

On another note; I was talking to Dave @ Custom Dynamics and he noted that they are in the process of making a turn signal array for our VROD's which should be available this fall. They already have similar units for other non HD bikes on the website.
http://www.customdynamics.com/led_turn_signal_array.htm

This is good since I don't want to take off the OEM chrome taillight bracket and put it on my newly painted fender when it arrives from JE Illusions.

If it's like the other bike set-ups, your talking anywhere from $198 to $329 for the array... A lot of coin for a bracket and a strip of LED's... What chrome bracket are you talking about on your taillight?

·
Registered USDA
4,229 Posts
Nice job. I may have to "borrow" your idea

·
Trailers R 4 Boats
1,271 Posts
scoutdoc said:
I was able to use my old dog ass and two 9.5 led strips to make my own flush mount blinkers. I cut the bottom of the dog ass off to leave a nice flat edge around. Then i took some sand paper and roughed up the edge a little and cleaned the LED and remaining DA with alcohol and used two sided tape to attach. Then all you have to do is splice into you current blinker wires and hit the button. total cost was $24 for the LEDs
What brand LEDS?

·
That U in my mirror?
1,511 Posts
If it's like the other bike set-ups, your talking anywhere from $198 to $329 for the array... A lot of coin for a bracket and a strip of LED's... What chrome bracket are you talking about on your taillight?
mustanggt - I have an '06 SE2. I removed the dogsass (See my gallery) and went with a side mount plate and then added an LED strip along the edge of the chrome bracket that holds the turn signals. This will stay attached to the OEM fender when I remove it later for the new paint job.

Dave didn't mention the cost of the new bracket and LED array, but you're probably correct, it will not be cheap. I think the current go for $280.00. It's like everyhting else for these bikes...expensive!

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
GreysonWinfield said:
Nice job. I may have to "borrow" your idea
Hey go ahead, thats why i posted it.

·
Registered
284 Posts
i added lcds all around. took off stock signals.. neeeded a load eq. any ways looks good, i am thinking of reloacting my front lcds to the rad. i have the lcd turn signals there and the loook good.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
cool post some pics when you get it done. thats a good idea.

·
Army spark jockey
3,091 Posts
scoutdoc said:
cool post some pics when you get it done. thats a good idea.
does sound cool Im interested in pics also

·
Premium Member
2,724 Posts
If I do a set up like this, can I still use my HD harness that makes my turn signals brake lights as well?? Or do I have to get rid of that??

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
wiley81db said:
If I do a set up like this, can I still use my HD harness that makes my turn signals brake lights as well?? Or do I have to get rid of that??
Did you ever try this out? Did it work?:popcorn :popcorn :popcorn
:popcorn

1 - 19 of 19 Posts