Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was thinking about putting floorboards on my 04 vrod, Does anyone have luck with VAC floorboards, are the mounts strong enough. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
10,811 Posts
I have cyclevisions brackets and Harley floorboards, which work great! See gallery. Joe

·
Registered
1,980 Posts
I always worried that floorboards would make the lean angle even worse. CPTJam how is cornering?

·
Registered
174 Posts
Do you mean HAC floorboards? I've had them for about 3 years now. Very comfortable and sturdy. Mount in the same place as the pegs. Highly recommend them.

·
Premium Member
811 Posts
I'm considering Sharky's floor boards for my trike build.He has a set that works as a
shifter,and brake pedal,kinda of pricie but wtf.

·
Registered
76 Posts
I recently bought a 2005 V-Rod and transferred these floorboards over from my Sportster. They are very adjustable.

·
Big Ugly fun guy
272 Posts
I used Cyclevisions kit and reversed them then modified them for mid mounts. Now I have them just behind the stock forward controls. Took a weekend to fab up but they work great on long trips. They fold up for easy getting the kick stand down or really leaning over in the corners. I haven't seen anyone else do this yet in 4 years but it works great. Pics on my page. I like them better then the ones that replce the foot peg.

·
Premium Member
1,063 Posts
I put the HD mini footboards on a few months back. I've been very happy with them. It gives me a little more room and comfort.

·
durata membro
17,603 Posts
I put the HD mini footboards on a few months back. I've been very happy with them. It gives me a little more room and comfort.
I would like to try a set like that for long cruising on my 03.
I have a set of Popsicle pegs on now that are wider than regular pegs that work good for comfort.The set you have looks like they would match my grips and offer better long ride comfort.I'd remove the mini floor boards for local riding.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,063 Posts
It might be my riding style or the flat south Texas geography, but I've never dragged or scrapped them since they've been on...

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
you could go this way...if you can find them. I think some dealers still have them

·
Premium Member
1,063 Posts
HD part # for the mini footboard set are 50451-09. These are the rider version. They also make a set for the passenger, but I don't have these on.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Do any of you guys know of anyone with a VRSCDX changing the passenger peg setup? I would like to lower mine for the wife. I thought I could just buy some relocation brackets but the rear passenger pegs mount to a special bracket.

Thanks for all your help.......oh, I really like the Flame Switchblades! might go with them for my paws........

1 - 18 of 18 Posts