Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anybody, or is it possible to put on floorboards where the forward pegs are located on the D. I like the mid controls for in town and like to strech my legs out on the hiway. Problem is that I am so bow-legged that the forward controls just are not comfortable. I cant really relax without my feet slipping off the ends. I have to keep my thighs clinched. Feels like I am working out on the thigh master. Any other ideas? I would prefer not to have to go to engine guards. Just dont care for that look.

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·

·
Safe and sound
4,589 Posts
Some people use the Kuryakin(sp) switchblades. They are on my list.

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Youngzee said:
Some people use the Kuryakin(sp) switchblades. They are on my list.
Thanks Youngzee. I looked those up. Pretty freakin cool. Anybody have any they are looking to sale?:deal:

·
Registered
68 Posts
switchblades

I mounted the switchblades several weeks ago.They arent as neat as the kuri mini boards.when u flip the switch blade part out it puts your legs to spread out and wind will work on you.

·
Premium Member
444 Posts
I rode the first time on my D with floor boards. What a difference! I'm 5' 7" and the bike just became a lot more comfortable, almost as comfortable as my Electra Glide I used to have. Pics to come soon.

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

·
Premium Member
729 Posts
got the mini's on my x, and they work good and feel better, just ordered a set for the passenger as well.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I put the CycleSmiths sport boards on my forward pegs and my legs can ride all day with them. Last year on our one week "Ride and Wine" tour my knees were more painful than my butt after a 350-450 km day. This year my legs were so relaxed I needed to check the first few steps to ensure they were still awake! Best price was at West End Motorsports (http://www.westendmotorsports.com/product_info.php?cPath=638_838_1283&products_id=6342). I actually also have forward controls and they sure work well together.

Now I gotta get something for my butt.

·
Premium Member
13,343 Posts
I added some Kuryakyn heel guards to the cyclesmith boards. It keeps my feet on the boards at speed.

Attachments

1 - 12 of 12 Posts