Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had fuel come out of my 2007 VRCSDX exhaust where the pipes are clamped near the foot pegs after trying to cold start several times. Besides replacing spark plugs and changing to fresh oil, what else can I do to make sure there isn't any fuel left or engine damage? Could I even siphon out gasoline that might be over the pistons/cylinder with a tube/syringe? Thank you.

·
Registered
5,510 Posts
Had fuel come out of my 2007 VRCSDX exhaust where the pipes are clamped near the foot pegs after trying to cold start several times. Besides replacing spark plugs and changing to fresh oil, what else can I do to make sure there isn't any fuel left or engine damage? Could I even siphon out gasoline that might be over the pistons/cylinder with a tube/syringe? Thank you.
What's the whole story of why it's dumped that much fuel into it ? Bad fuel, no spark etc??
Ron

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Bike is 14 years old. I suspect the spark plugs are no good anymore and this is the first time it happened in the cold. Tried to start it several times, then I noticed a small puddle of liquid with gasoline smell leaking from one of the exhaust clamps at the bottom of the bike. Engine almost turned but would then die. Battery has been on a tender so that's what I think so far. Thanks for responding.

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
The easiest way to clear the engine is just like the nitro bikes. Crank the engine over with the plugs removed and throttle wide open (Clear Flood Mode) which cuts off the injectors while cranking.

Reactions: Billy890

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The easiest way to clear the engine is just like the nitro bikes. Crank the engine over with the plugs removed and throttle wide open (Clear Flood Mode) which cuts off the injectors while cranking.
Thank you!

·
Registered
5,510 Posts
Bike is 14 years old. I suspect the spark plugs are no good anymore and this is the first time it happened in the cold. Tried to start it several times, then I noticed a small puddle of liquid with gasoline smell leaking from one of the exhaust clamps at the bottom of the bike. Engine almost turned but would then die. Battery has been on a tender so that's what I think so far. Thanks for responding.
Sounds ignition related then. Could be the plugs, coil(s) or a failing CPS. Spark plugs first.
Ron

1 - 6 of 6 Posts