Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was all set for go for little ride the other eve on my 06 SE2, and noticed the rear tire flat as a pancake, crap! And only 6000 Km's. I did not want to push it to my shop from my garage (about 200 feet) so I tried to fill the tire with a small 12 volt electric air pump, no go, looked like the bead had let go, put her on the stand and inspected the tire and could not see a puncture anywhere, so here I go my first rear tire removal. Took about an hour or so, got it off and lugged it over to my shop so I could fill it up with my compressor to see if I could see where the leak was, would not fill with my shop compressor, what the heck?? Now inspecting the valve stem, guess what I found? A little O-ring was crammed up inside the stem, I guess the last time I checked the air pressure and replaced the valve stem cap the O-ring inside the cap came off and as I tightened the cap I shoved it into the stem, which caused a slow leak and the flat. I removed the O-ring, the tire inflated with no trouble and is fine. A lesson learned here for me for next time, oh well, I now know how to re and re the rear wheel.
Thought you guys might get a kick out of my moment of stupity.

·
Comfortably numb!
1,968 Posts
If i had a nickel for every stupid thing that I did, I wouldn't have to make payments on my vrod. Or my wife's car. Or my house ;)

It ain't stupid unless you do it twice :)

·
Kaboom
4,336 Posts
balius said:
If i had a nickel for every stupid thing that I did, I wouldn't have to make payments on my vrod. Or my wife's car. Or my house ;)

It ain't stupid unless you do it twice :)
Then I am well beyond stupid!!!
:dance:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts