Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to put flat bars on my R or at least something much more aggressive... I am coming off a sport bike and the front just feels wallowy to me and my arms are fairly long so I dont mind a bit of a reach... I would even consider clip ons... anyone tried flat bars or clip ons? And if so, did you have to change hoses etc? and what about switch gear clearance? I am thinking of just buying a straight piece of pipe and drilling holes for the wires cause I cant find anything listed... but my shop is not sure if the switch gear will hit the tank... its the only R they have ever seen... and almost the only V-Rod...

:banghead:

·
Premium Member
10,800 Posts
See nightmare's gallery. Clip on bars, custom made. Nice!! A piece of pipe works, but works better if you dimple it for the wires. You can cut relief with a dremel, or, drill holes and connect them using a small file. Run the wires thru to the center, and make an exit hole, underneath, below the risers. Another, easier idea: Standard drag bars, but reverse your risers to move them forward. They come with dimples already. You have to fab a mount for the cluster, but no big deal. Joe

·
Premium Member
9,332 Posts
I replaced the stock instrument clamshell and handlbar clamps with DX parts, then replaced the stock handlbars with 27 inch drag bars with an 18 degree pullback from Flanders. The R guages slide right into the DX guage housing. A small gap at the top between the guages and the DX housing was filled with some adhesive backed black foam weather strip material from Home Depot.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts