Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
634 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know I am not crazy but cannot find the information I saw before on where to buy the module that flashes the high beams during the day to increase your visibility for cagers.

Plan on getting the heavycycles rear LED with turn signals and wanted to do this mod as well. Any help?

Thanks,

Glenn

·
Ducking for cover!
8,455 Posts
search "headlight modulator"

·
John
2,700 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Headlight Modulator

golfinglenn said:
I know I am not crazy but cannot find the information I saw before on where to buy the module that flashes the high beams during the day to increase your visibility for cagers.

Plan on getting the heavycycles rear LED with turn signals and wanted to do this mod as well. Any help?

Thanks,

Glenn

The forum post regarding this is ............. http://www.1130cc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=14502

·
Premium Member
13,343 Posts
Don't ride behind me, ever........

·
Registered
2,746 Posts
That is not a good invention, it attracts deer and mesmerizes cage drivers. This use to be a factory installed item on the Honda Goldwings. I believe they stopped in the mid 90's.

·
Registered
634 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I could understand the deer thing at night, but they shut off via an optical sensor when ambient light gets too low (night time). I have seen them on bikes and it did not mesmerize me, it caught my attention. Been on too many bike wrecks where cagers just pulled out in front of bikes cause they did not see them (firefighter by trade). I realize it can be annoying, but I would rather catch some old ladies attention than impale my bike in her door.

And if I was behind another biker or group of riders I would simply put my low beams on so it was not a distraction or annoyance to them. They only come on during day with high beams so you always have the option of turning them off when not in town where you are likely to encounter a cager not paying attention.

·
Registered
63 Posts
hd-v-rodder said:
That is not a good invention, it attracts deer and mesmerizes cage drivers. This use to be a factory installed item on the Honda Goldwings. I believe they stopped in the mid 90's.
It is just another invite for cagers to cut in front of you at intersection.My:2cents:

·
That U in my mirror?
1,511 Posts
Still see em out there and I think they are annoying!

·
Dr. Laser Guy
997 Posts
The human brain is wired to be very sensitive to motion in our peripheral vision and the modulator does a very good job of simulating that. Try looking at a motorcycle headlight in broad daylight and turn your head so that it is at the very edge of your vision. It basically disappears into the surrounding brightness. When the modulator is turned on, however, it immediately jumps right to your attention. A very striking effect.

Everybody loves to hate them but I'm convinced they work; I've run one for the last 3 and a half years. Unlike the noise from my pipe, light reaches forward, out toward the things that can really hurt me. ATGATT for me.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts