Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I saw an ad, and made a couple of calls, and have recieved some stick-on flames from a company in Fla. I'll be taking some pictures (when the sun comes out) and posting them. A friend told me I couldn't be a 'real' harley rider if I didn't have some flames on my ride. They will be showing at Biketoberfest.
Good news is that if I don't like them, I can take them of with a hair drier.

Dan

·
Premium Member
13,343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Stockdale Technologies is the company, they are in Fla (although their marketing guy is out of Calif). I'll take some pics in a bit and post them. Here is a pic from their promotional literature.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
13,343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Here is a pic of the tank with the flames. I'm undecided.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
13,343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yea, I'm leanin that way. But I can now send the pic to the guy who said all 'real' Harleys have flames.

·
Color me Gone
27,333 Posts
Sorry Dan but I'm leaning with MR_KING on the flames.

·
Premium Member
13,343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well that wasn't too hard a decision. The bike is now flame-free. But the flames did a fair job of covering the damage to the $50 helmet done on the Dragon in August.

Attachments

·
Banned
12,582 Posts
THOSE AREN'T FLAMES!These are!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
13,343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
To work, and look 'right', they have to be a lot bigger I'm thinkin!!

·
Banned
12,582 Posts
Travis,
I think you have a THING for J/G!You know when your mean to someone cause you can't handle the intense feelings you have for them!You know like in grade school when you would be Mean to the little red headed Girl you were really In Love With!:eek: It's ok Brother I understand!:icon_twis

·
Registered
974 Posts
Helmet !!!!

Daniii,
You may want to have that helmet inspected. I am of the old school that states if a helmet sustains a fall or crash it should be inpected. If you have a good scrape it probably is weakened (structurally). And if you are a person that frequents visiting the pavement you may want to consider the vulnerability a damaged helmet would offer. Your insurance should have covered that item and I would add it to your claim(along with a leather jacket ,above ankle boots or any other riding apparel you were wearing at the time. This could be 1,000 dollars . If everything is top quality. Just my opinion!
BobT:whack:

·
Banned
12,582 Posts
Ya I sent my ARAI off to be inspected/X-Rayed it indeed was damaged and thus usless!It sits on the wall of my Garage as a Reminder!:cool:

·
Premium Member
13,343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
The chromedome is for show and shade. And better than nothing. I'm looking at a HD-Black Chrome replacement, but want a longer visor than they offer (shade). I'm wearing the black, (non stressed) one for my daily ride. Besides, it has the insulated ear flaps. I did stick some flames on it though.....

·
Registered
138 Posts
not ready for paint? Check out a vinyl lettering shop, they can put some nice flames on there pretty cheap. If you dont like them after awhile they can take them off, if you do like it you can get them painted on later.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts