Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered Idiot
5,461 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is anyone planning on riding Sept 23 from the Baltimore HD store. It is their annual 9/11 ride, this year the DAV gets the proceeds. It would be cool to have a large VROD group. Check out the HD stores web site for details.
www.hdstore.com

·
Registered
484 Posts
pwrman said:
Is anyone planning on riding Sept 23 from the Baltimore HD store. It is their annual 9/11 ride, this year the DAV gets the proceeds. It would be cool to have a large VROD group. Check out the HD stores web site for details.
www.hdstore.com
I can't do it, going away this weekend.

Gui

·
Registered
956 Posts
I'll be there with a couple of friends from the job. We'll see if they ignore the V-Rods like they always do there. A ride is the only reason I ever go there anymore.

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
MD Rod said:
I'll be there with a couple of friends from the job. We'll see if they ignore the V-Rods like they always do there. A ride is the only reason I ever go there anymore.
Who ignores V-rods? The HD Store? PLease.

Two of the Techs ride Vrods. Two of the sales staff have them and the HDstore sponsers vrod drag bikes. The HDstore keeps the largest number of Vrod parts and Accessories on hand that I know of anywhere.

·
Registered
83 Posts
I'm gonna go if my bike is finished but i'm not sure how long its gonna be in the shop for :soapbox:

·
Proud Infidel!
5,160 Posts
Flag Ride

I'm signed up an dplan on getting there around 10~10:30 am. Where should the 'Rod riders try to meet? Toys-r-us parking lot? I would imagine that the HD Store lots will be packed.

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
If you guys are planning to meet up I would do it off site then ride in together. The main Hd lot fills in quite fast and the rest of the staginglots are filled in a first come basis. It quickly get to the point that you cannot move your bike even if you wanted to.

·
Proud Infidel!
5,160 Posts
Flag Ride

Someone pick a location and post it. I'm commuting in from York PA, so I think someone local should choose let the rest of us know where and what time.

Steve

·
Registered
41 Posts
Vrods

I am going to the Cancer Ride in Columbia at the Mall did the Beltway ride its ok.
Yeah meet off site like at the McDOnalds on Rte 7 and go to the Circuit City Lot. Have fun be safe.

·
Proud Infidel!
5,160 Posts
It was a good ride...overall. There must have been about 3500 bikes on the road. I saw only 4 other V's. My biggest complaint about a ride that large, was the accordian effect of people not maintaining a steady speed. The procession ran 2 bikes in one lane, and none of the other riders where I was (Middle of the pack) tried to ride staggered or side by side. I gave up trying to maintain an orderly position in relation the the bike next to me, I just kept 3 sec's behind the bike in front. Once we got to the north side of town the accordianing was so bad I peeled off, took I-83 and went home, I had enough, and to top it all off the fuel gauge went berserk. Again! I hope the after ride get together was worthwhile. I don't think I'll do another ride with that many people involved

1 - 12 of 12 Posts