Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 20 of 90 Posts

·
K.I.A. '07 AW
10,908 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been bitching about my $hitty fuel gauge for over 3 years now and I know I'm not alone. I filed a complaint with NHTSA and I am urging any and everyone that has been living with a faulty fuel gauge on their VRSC to log on to the website (link provided below as well as in my signature) and file a complaint as well.
If we all band together and make our voices heard at a government level, we are more likely to get a real fix for this issue instead of yet another part number change and no fix.

http://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/ivoq/index.cfm

·
K.I.A. '07 AW
10,908 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
So, I received a phone call from HD corporate today regarding our fuel gauges (sonar folks). The gist of it is that they now realize that the last fixes were feble attempts to fix the problem and never intended to "band aid" the issue.
They have since gone back to the engineers and program writers to correct the issue at the source.
Allegedly there will be a SB put out within the next 30 days when the repair package/parts are in stock. I will keep you posted but won't hold my breath.

·
Fear The Reaper
1,152 Posts
Why don't they just get rid if the fuel gauge altogether. No one really uses it anyways. This is a liquid cooled bike. Remake the instrument cluster and put a temp gauge there instead.

·
caferacer
5,686 Posts
feeble attempt. ..bandaged

:deal:please don't hold your breath.....
Andre'....may vrod owners with an expired warranty sign such a petition ? MOCO patched the problem till mine expired.
I'm reckoning I need to Petition for a recalled part.
Do We need a lawyer?

·
caferacer
5,686 Posts
dipstick

Why don't they just get rid if the fuel gauge altogether. No one really uses it anyways. This is a liquid cooled bike. Remake the instrument cluster and put a temp gauge there instead.
Gas Cap with dip stick.

·
Premium Member
117 Posts
Submitted my form. Pitty though, they don't have any of the VRSC models listed for you to select from. :mad:

·
Premium Member
1,302 Posts

·
Banned
14,891 Posts
I've been bitching about my $hitty fuel gauge for over 3 years now and I know I'm not alone. I filed a complaint with NHTSA and I am urging any and everyone that has been living with a faulty fuel gauge on their VRSC to log on to the website (link provided below as well as in my signature) and file a complaint as well.
If we all band together and make our voices heard at a government level, we are more likely to get a real fix for this issue instead of yet another part number change and no fix.

http://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/ivoq/index.cfm
I'm in, if for no other reason than to bust balls!

·
Registered Idiot
5,461 Posts
Good luck, but I will bet you will be taking a dirt nap and your bike will have been recycled into a toaster by the time the MOCO agrees to fix it. And HD will be owned by Siemens or Tyco.

·
K.I.A. '07 AW
10,908 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I don't think any of us would accept the fuel gauges on our/in our autos not working, so why do we tolerate it on our motorcycles? Hell, this bike cost me more than three of my first cars combined.

·
caferacer
5,686 Posts
I'm in, if for no other reason than to bust balls!
That's what I'm thinking. ...we're all just frustrated and nothin' else better to do but bust balls.
I'm in.

·
durata membro
17,603 Posts
So, I received a phone call from HD corporate today regarding our fuel gauges (sonar folks). The gist of it is that they now realize that the last fixes were feble attempts to fix the problem and never intended to "band aid" the issue.
They have since gone back to the engineers and program writers to correct the issue at the source.
Allegedly there will be a SB put out within the next 30 days when the repair package/parts are in stock. I will keep you posted but won't hold my breath.

So,why did you receive the phone call? Was it from filling out the form,or had you spoke with them earlier and it was coincidence they called?

·
Premium Member
7,727 Posts

You know why there will be something out within 30 days?

Because there is a new gauge setup coming out for 2011. :deal:

·
Pat (Patrick!)
11,222 Posts

·
caferacer
5,686 Posts

·
K.I.A. '07 AW
10,908 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
So,why did you receive the phone call? Was it from filling out the form,or had you spoke with them earlier and it was coincidence they called?
I've been "speaking" with them for about two years now, but I think it was a public comment I made that prompted their phone call. (not on this or any other forum)
You know why there will be something out within 30 days?
Because there is a new gauge setup coming out for 2011. :deal:
yeah, I knew a about that. They only quasi commented that their MAY be a TSB issued for it...

1 - 20 of 90 Posts