Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Hey all! So, I put a new harddrive into my old windows PC, so now I can do this shenanigans! Anyways, I'm entirely new to tuning, but it appears the rear cylinder has an astronomical AFR. It's down pouring by me, so I can't get out and ride yet, but I was able to reproduce the issue in the garage. Does that mean no spark...? I've attached the log file to this thread. What is everyone's thoughts? @sburke91, maybe this is for you?

072020-at-idle.log from the past 12 minutes

This is the 60 minute sample, which should have the last time I rode it, when I chatted with you all about the issue.

·
Registered
536 Posts
Hey all! So, I put a new harddrive into my old windows PC, so now I can do this shenanigans! Anyways, I'm entirely new to tuning, but it appears the rear cylinder has an astronomical AFR. It's down pouring by me, so I can't get out and ride yet, but I was able to reproduce the issue in the garage. Does that mean no spark...? I've attached the log file to this thread. What is everyone's thoughts? @sburke91, maybe this is for you?

072020-at-idle.log from the past 12 minutes

This is the 60 minute sample, which should have the last time I rode it, when I chatted with you all about the issue.

Chat with Ron (Rbabos). He likes to help with remote tuning/etc.

Otherwise take your bike to a pro. This is a huge topic and it won't be a quick fix.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #23

Otherwise take your bike to a pro. This is a huge topic and it won't be a quick fix.
Yea, I wish I knew someone near me... I've asked around, and the only places that have a good reputation don't deal with this tuner... I feel like I screwed myself.

·
Registered
4,182 Posts

I'm trying to back off on distance tuning. Way too frustrating and very time consuming. I also will not do DTT.
Ron

·
'04 1300
3,070 Posts
I was away from home for a few days, but just saw this. The back cylinder's largely not firing at that AFR (AFR's that high mean very high air to fuel ratio), and the BLM's 'hunting' between 75% and 125% both front and rear says something's crazily awry. (see the attached pics). A few questions:
  • Are you sure you have the front and rear O2 sensors connected to the right leads on the WEGO?
  • Are you sure you have the right wires out of the WEGO into the right pins on the ECM connector?
  • Did you perform the free air calibration on the WEGO, once you wired everything up, but before you screwed the O2 sensors into the ports on the exhaust?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Hi thanks for your detailed response. I feel like I should send you a case of beer!! I checked the instructions a dozen times, rewired it twice and went through free air calibration probably a dozen times at this point. (Yes while dangling in the air) :) I even tried switching the front and rear o2 sensors, and on a different trial switching front and rear Wego connectors. In all the data, the yellow connector is upfront. I even went as far as paying to have my local Harley dealer look at it and same result. Oh well, maybe I just got a bad unit. If that ends up being the case, what is the recommended way to tune my bike when an air box, and exhaust will be the furthest I take this bike performance wise?

·
Killer Service Inc.
8,936 Posts
Always keep in mind there is no such think as an auto tune. never will be for a long time. No matter what it still requires a human to do something to make it work.
Did you ask Scott if he had the base map so you could reinstall it. It could of gotten corupted .
Did you offer to take your bike to Scott so he can tune it for you.

Where are you from?

Rod

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
I’ve been trying to get ahold of Scott for a while, but I keep catching him on vacation or away. It’s a little disheartening, oh well. I live an hour North of Milwaukee Wisconsin, and there aren’t any shops or tuning shops that mess with this tuner, none the less a VROD. Sadly going to him is not an option.

So yes, I thought that maybe the base map would be a good start, but I need to get ahold of him first.

·
'04 1300
3,070 Posts
@duffner--can you extract the map that's currently on the VRFI and PM it to me? I'm curious to see what it looks like. Also, what year is your bike?

21 - 30 of 30 Posts