Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got my V-mod kit, and it sounds great. The only problem is that there seem to be a heck of alot more wires in my Vrod than the one on the power commander installation tape. I can't for the life of me fit that damn thing under the side cover. The actual unit fits in front of the airbox, but it's all the connectors and wiring that aren't letting me close it up. Any tips/suggestions? Thanks.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I have a feeling that this is just one of those things that I need to suck up and work through. Has anyone had problems just cramming it all in there and basically forcing the cover on?

·
Registered
204 Posts
Keep pushing!!!!!!!!!!!

Had the same problem last month! It took 30 minutes to arrange wires so they compressed better. It took a lot of pushing to get the cover back on! I don't think this will good for the bike in the longer run! The Pc111 has done wonders for performance, thank goodness. Good luck, Fred :banghead:

·
Banned
3,131 Posts
benko said:
Just got my V-mod kit, and it sounds great. The only problem is that there seem to be a heck of alot more wires in my Vrod than the one on the power commander installation tape. I can't for the life of me fit that damn thing under the side cover. The actual unit fits in front of the airbox, but it's all the connectors and wiring that aren't letting me close it up. Any tips/suggestions? Thanks.[/QUIf your running topless run the wiring mess to the front where the snorkel is. If not put hte wires in the best you can, place the cover in the grommet holes and fit it in place. Once the cover is close you can jam the screw in, you won't hurt a thing.

·
Wretched Excess.....
2,067 Posts
I wrestled with mine until I was blue in the face. If you're not running topless. you have to put the connectors in place EXACTLY the way they're shown in the pictures. I had to print the instructions and have them tight next to me referencing them several times. You also have to make sure you tuck the 2 service connectors on the lower right EXACTLY as shown. You can do it. It's a bitch but worth it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts