Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
09 vrscf
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I managed to get lucky yesterday and get my first warning for speeding! I have this beautiful new stretch of road about a third of a mile long double lanes divided by a median in a new business park that dead ends less than a mile from my house. They have cut all the trees back about 150 yards on both sides so there is alot of visibility (aka: dear problem in the area). Problem is the police have alot visibility also...LOL
He rolled up just as I was starting to slow from my 90+mph return run.
Lights flashing
"Do you know what the speed limit is on this road?" officer
"yes sir 35" perp.
"Where do live and what is your name?" officer
"I am sorry sir, I live in Meadowbrook Estates and Mike Walker" perp.
"Where do I know you from?" officer
"Ours sons play football together" perp.
"When did you get bike?" officer
"just a few months ago" perp.
"I would hate to see you wreck it with all the dear around here" officer
"I agree officer" perp.
"You know if you were a punk kid I would be taking you jail right now!!!!!" officer
"yes sir" perp.
"Well I have another call so slow down" officer
"yes sir and thanks" perp

·
09 vrscf
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah...I think it is automatic go to jail here in Kentucky for 25 mph over and automatic tow of vehicle. Never thought youth football would save my arse.

·
Registered
818 Posts
I think 25 over is a pretty standard go to jail state to state depending on the officer. Most times they throw on the additional charge of Reckless Driving.

·
Registered
117 Posts
here in ct everytime i got cought goin fast i jsut got a summons to court and ive been cought doing 140 in my mustang....knock on wood not cought on my bike yet but i usualy dont ride over 80 but that also can be because everytime i been cought it wasnt on radar it was just blowing by them while they were parked....thank god my gf aunts a prosecuter and likes me and taken all 3 wreckless drivings away

·
Banned
1,783 Posts
I was caught going 83mph in a 55mph zone right after my bike was beyond it's break in period. That ticket hurt like anal rape. Had I not seen him the exact second I did I would have been beyond the 30mph point where they say you can no longer go to traffic school to remove points and must appear before a judge. He was hiding behind a tree, bike behind him in a hidden driveway. I saw a flash in the tree line and that's why I looked, and there he was.

Was I lucky? No. Was I lucky I saw him when I did? Oh yea. Ticket was like $275 I think. Burn.

·
Premium Member
759 Posts
Now in GA they instituted the GA Super Speeder Law, where anything over 15mph in excess on a divided or multi-lane thoroughfare and 10mph on a 2-laner is an automatic state fee of $200 tacked on top of whatever the locality where you received the ticket gives you! You talk about painful!!! Girlfriend got 88 in 65.... $225 local ticket, PLUS $200 state fee.

·
Premium Member
759 Posts
There were some guys from my base that got tagged on I-10 doing in excess of 140... whole group of them got stopped down the road a couple states away. Every state they'd been through had clocked them at some point, thus making the charges felonies since they crossed state lines while "being pursued." Bet that REALLY hurt! Never did hear what happened to those guys...pretty sure the states let the base take jurisdiction over the miltary guys... ouch.

Congrats on getting off with the warning!!!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Got caught doing 110 in a 55 in San Diego back in the 90's when I was in the Navy. The ticket was $400 dropped to $200 in court. Was on my Ninja and the sheriff was on his Kawi, a Bronco pulled up behind him and I thought Oh Sh*t thats my ride to jail.

·
09 vrscf
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I had a katana 600 early 90's when I was in the Navy also. Damn thing put me in the hospital for 3 weeks....Yes, I was a Navy statistic... That 5 year period was and still is a big blurr for me. LOL (Sure wish I would have been smarter and taken a few more pictures and and had a few less beers...)

·
Registered
133 Posts
A long time ago when I was not thinking I hit a really nice stretch of road on my Kaw. 1000 (1974 fastest bike at the time) and hit 85 in a 35. Police were not so nice. I was thrown in the back of the squad car for a long time thinking I was going to jail. I told them the throttle had stuck. They didn't buy it but the judge in Chicago did. Had to see the "movie" and I was let go. The fine back then was over $300 plus an automatic 6 month suspension. Now if I want to go that fast I am hitting Firebird raceway and really enjoy myself.

·
Registered Boozer
1,529 Posts
I was caught speeding recently by airplane surveillance. : /

Sorry to be this guy....it's deer.

·
Muscle Man
868 Posts
72 in a 50 less than 24hrs. after picking up the bike

yeah, w/wife on the back, speed limit 50mph on the desert mountain roads between Las Vegas and Lake Mead...fed cop was nice and wrote 69 in a 50- $225 and no blip on my driving record because of fed ticket...

·
Registered
13 Posts
got out of my first potential ticket ever this week

I managed to get lucky yesterday and get my first warning for speeding! I have this beautiful new stretch of road about a third of a mile long double lanes divided by a median in a new business park that dead ends less than a mile from my house. They have cut all the trees back about 150 yards on both sides so there is alot of visibility (aka: dear problem in the area). Problem is the police have alot visibility also...LOL
He rolled up just as I was starting to slow from my 90+mph return run.
Lights flashing
"Do you know what the speed limit is on this road?" officer
"yes sir 35" perp.
"Where do live and what is your name?" officer
"I am sorry sir, I live in Meadowbrook Estates and Mike Walker" perp.
"Where do I know you from?" officer
"Ours sons play football together" perp.
"When did you get bike?" officer
"just a few months ago" perp.
"I would hate to see you wreck it with all the dear around here" officer
"I agree officer" perp.
"You know if you were a punk kid I would be taking you jail right now!!!!!" officer
"yes sir" perp.
"Well I have another call so slow down" officer
"yes sir and thanks" perp

·
Registered
13 Posts
ok, finally let off by MPs

Yes I am on military base, supposed toi drive 25 klm, crawling, late. Driving about 40, half naked for field trip to beach, no make-up------- first ticket ever I get out of!!!!!!!!!!!! Yes, Thank god, no-one needs a MP ticket on base in another country!!!!!!!!!! Good girl, 1/2 naked. ha ha

·
Registered
547 Posts
This seems to be a common problem when we buy our "Muscle" (Great bike, terrible name) I am from Perth, Western Australia - I had mine 3 days and was pulled over for 95km/h (57mph) in an 80km/h zone (50mph)...I was in second gear! I tok my helmet off and I think my bald head and grey hair convinced the cop I wasn't really a hoon.....I told him I was still running the bike in and getting used to it so he let me go with a warning. That is a $150 fine and 2 demerit points off your license here.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts