Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been lurking here for the past couple of months after finding out about this place over on the hdforums site. I must say that I'm sure glad I found this place. I have never had or driven a motorcycle, but have always wanted one. I grew up hearing only how dangerous they were, how so many people get hurt/killed on them, etc. I never considered getting anything other than a Harley, even though I had heard how much they break down. What really pushed me over the edge was watching the show on Discovery channel where they were creating/developing the V-rod. I told myself afterwards, "Oh, yes, someday you shall be mine."

Not too long ago, my situation changed to where I could make this idea a reality and wheels were set in motion. Having never been on a bike, I wanted to be as well prepared as possible. After hearing about the Beginner MSF course on this forum, I decided to sign up (and wait a month for the class to start :banghead: ). Oh, well. Not only would I learn some entry level skills, but the MSF class would also satisfy the skills portion of the motorcycle endorsement. As for the MSF course, which I passed last weekend, I cannot say how valuable it was to me. If I hadn't had that class, I would have no business being on a bike.

Okay, enough rambling on. Last Tuesday I picked up my brand new 2007 Nightrod Special. What excitement (and butterflies). I saw where someone said that you don't pick the bike, it picks you. That was the case with me. Each time I looked on the HD site or the bike pamphlet, I would always come back to this bike. I guess you can't stop fate. I absolutely love this bike and have been riding/practicing daily. Nothing beats time on the seat. The one thing I'm going nuts about is keeping it dust free since I live about a mile from the highway down a dirt road.

:dance:

·
Ducking for cover!
8,455 Posts
:vrodforu:

Aw hell... another OKIE! :D

·
OLD FART
1,639 Posts
:welcome: :vrodforu: :welcome: :biker: Enjoy your new bike a be safe

·
Non-erator
9,795 Posts
Beautiful bike!!! Welcome to the forums.

·
Dilligaf
5,393 Posts
Welcome!

·
jacket off!
9,720 Posts
Funny how fate works, huh? Welcome & ride safe!:D

·
REVOLUTION !!!
21,318 Posts
Welcome and Enjoy the Ride ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~`
Great choice with the DX :notworth:

·
Ricky Love MooreHead
1,440 Posts
:vrodforu: :vrod:

Welcome,, Well for your first bike you certainly did pick a hoss... Shiney side up, Oh you have a DX,, rubber side down..... Always

:laugh:

·
Vrodder since 2004
4,514 Posts
:vrodforu: That dirt road is going to be a killer -I took my bike down a gravel road about a mile to a friend's house and there is dust in places I didn't even know existed and that was only once! I don't like to hose the bike down because I have had issues with components freaking out with moisture contact, but that seems the only way to get the dust out...maybe a leaf blower??

·
Army spark jockey
3,091 Posts
welcome, continue to look around and enjoy

·
iTrader Technician
4,467 Posts

·
LOS ANGELES
1,757 Posts