Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Howdy from SATX, I'm looking to purchase my first HD and I've always had my eyes on the VROD! I'm coming from the world of Superbikes (ZX11 specifically) and I'm looking for some wisdom of other owners in my search for my ride till the end. Any preferences, tricky dealership tactics, pitfalls, what conditions or year specific problems to look out for. And just plain how to know the sales guy is full of it!!! 馃ぃ

VRSC est -03
Welcome to 1130cc.
Decide in advance whether you want 180 or 240 rear tyre V-rod. Next decision about mid or forward pegs. An obvious advantage if this is already original on the bike. Finding the "correct" exhaust system can be a lengthy process. Read up on the differences between the models. Good luck. (y)

Registered
Any preferences, tricky dealership tactics, pitfalls, what conditions or year specific problems to look out for. And just plain how to know the sales guy is full of it!!!
Welcome to the best kept secret of the HD world ........... Preferences are up to you and your riding style. I'd stay away from HD stealerships, since they don't know anything about the V's especially how to work on them. Just tell the salesman that you're looking for a V with mid controls, and if he tells you they don't make them with mids just walk away............There's plenty of websites where you can pick up a good machine at a fair price.
New & Used Motorcycles For Sale - Cycle Trader
New & Used Motorcycles for Sale - Motorcycles on Autotrader
Harley-Davidson V-Rod motorcycles for sale - MotoHunt

Registered
Best advice I would give is- decide what model you鈥檙e interested in based on your riding style and future plans. Dont pick one simply because it鈥檚 available, price, etc. and try to make it something it鈥檚 not. Parts and accessories are out there but becoming difficult to find鈥 making customization more of a challenge. In all, it鈥檚 quite possibly the most fun you can have with your pants on (besides a Buell lol!)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts