Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Metal Guitarist
5,201 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i did my first real mod to the rod today (other than the clear lenses) my not seem like much, but i installed the new drag bars and even hid all the wires inside them..this is a real easy install to do by yourself and doesnt require a whole of tools, its makes the bike look alot cleaner IMHO with all the wires out of sight. of course i could not hide the clutch or throtle cables but it still looks alot cleaner. :biker:

·
Color me Gone
27,333 Posts
FastVRSCA I'm a big fan of the drag bar and when we purchased Jeannie's V-Rod that was the first thing we did to it.

Max

·
Metal Guitarist
5,201 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
esquire7oz said:
when do we get to see some pics of your work.
i'll take some pictures tomorrow, i just got home today , did the install and got a package ready to send to max.
John hooked me up with a $ great deal for the bars.

·
Color me Gone
27,333 Posts
My Drag Bars

·
dickhammer
96 Posts
hi fastvrsca were thoes h-d drag bars or were they v-mods (chopper steves) drag bars

·
dickhammer
96 Posts
thanks do you know any one who used steves

·
spit happens
5,532 Posts
My first Real mode was exhaust.Ditched the stock,and went with the Supertrapp V-5 system.Along with pcIIIr and k&n filter.
I first got a back rest for the wife,but I don't call it a mod.I call it an UNWANTED NECESSITY.I wish she would get her own bike.

·
1,738 Posts
You guys that have the HD drag bars, could some of you post your heights and sleeve length so I can get some idea if they will fit me? I am not really uncomfortable with the stock bars, but sometimes feel I could use more forward lean. I am 6' and 35" sleeve. If I buy them and you all are orangutans I might regret it.
Thanks.
Fred

·
Registered
255 Posts
MAX or anyone who knows , when I go with these bars I will do the Kuryakin mirros with the built in turn signals....do I simply cut the old wires and splice or how do I lose the OEM turn sigs???

·
Color me Gone
27,333 Posts
vilzrod I still use the stock turn signals with the wiring run through the bar. I'm pretty sure we have some members that have done what you want to do maybe one of them will respond.

·
Metal Guitarist
5,201 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
vilzrod said:
MAX or anyone who knows , when I go with these bars I will do the Kuryakin mirros with the built in turn signals....do I simply cut the old wires and splice or how do I lose the OEM turn sigs???
vilzrod there is one 3 conductor cable going to each turnsignal.
depending on the lenth of wire the mirrors come with would determine on where you would have to make a splice if necessary.

i don't believe the stock cable is long enough to go to the ends of the bars, the turnsignal cables terminate ( plug into) under the clam shell at the triple tree.

·
Ghost Rider
533 Posts
3 conductor cable??? Sorry but what is the 3rd one for. I received my Kellerman bar end signals and they only have 2 wires going in. Which ones should I tap into???

Thanks much, Juan

·
Metal Guitarist
5,201 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
ErVikingo
are the kellerman signals designed to also be used as running lights?
i think max has the electrical scopes for the v-rod somewhere, they should say what each color wire is used for...for i am uncertain myself

·
Ghost Rider
533 Posts
ah, running lights (oops my Momentary Lapse of Reason). The Kellerman's are only signals (from what I recall). I'll check and post later.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts