Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New to the race scene with a B model, basically stock. I'll be at Bandameier Race track in Denver. Elevation around 5500-6000'? Would like some basic tips as far as tire pressure, RPM at the light, what to expect off the line, etc. Never been down the track on a bike but looking forward to it. Not looking to break any records but just some safe runs at the test and tune events. Have lots of riding experience just not down the track. Any basic info from those of you that have been there would be great. The bike is an 05 B model, 3000 miles on it, stock pipe, drilled out. Put 800 miles on the bike the first week. Hopefully, this info will help others just getting started also. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, yea I read that but was looking for more detailed info such as tire pressure, etc. related to the elevation.

·
Thread Killer
4,567 Posts
I ran the stock pressure in mine, and it gripped pretty well. The elevation will drop you about 1/10th of a second for every 1000 ft above sea level!! So about a 1/2 sec slower than what it would be at sea level. I lived in Colorado Springs for 5 years and raced an Bandimere and Pueblo!!!

·
Registered
1,774 Posts
Set the tire pressure at about 25psi.....
if you've had that much riding experience, you'll do fine......if it's similar to the test-n-tune formats I've been to, you can have all the runs you want to make....so start slow off the line and get more and more aggressive each time.....rev it to about 6k and when you start letting out the clutch, roll the throttle wide open adn lean forward to act as a counterweight.....
and go ahead and get to know the track personnel, cause you're gonna be back there ALOT......
Good luck and enjoy the hell out of it......

·
1130cc Ninja
3,972 Posts
it should stay close to the ground as long as you dont dump it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts